Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a bar in London with lively music
  • jairaj

Hello all, using the hive mind of STW to try out some new venues in London and expand my horizons.

Looking for a good bar or venue that plays live music. Anything vaguely rocky or blues would be fine, not too bothered about the genre of music. Just something good to get your toe tapping. Somewhere that I can squeeze in with a few mates without buying tickets in advance. Any where central (ish) will be fine. Along the northern or victoria line would be perfect.

So what little gems have I been missing out on.

Thanks in advance

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A little live bluegrass and an epic beer list sound up your alley?

Cask. 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

The Manhattan Project cocktail bar.

Tell Felix the Mixologist that the guys from STW said hello.

senorj

http://www.thesocial.com

Had some fun times in there…;-)

senorj

And if you happen to be out in soho on a Thursday , it’s obligatory to worship at the altar of Gaz’s Rocking blues night at
    St Moritz on Wardour street.
    http://www.gazrockin.com/gass-rockin-blues

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

(Ignoring pretty much all your requirements …) Slaughtered Lamb in Farringdon and Notting Hill Arts Club 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you find yourself in SW London the Half Moon in Putney is great. It’s a gig pub so you have to have tickets to watch the band. Saw John Illsley there a while back, tiny room standing with a beer listening to some new music but a lot of Dire Straights. Fabulous.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

OP what age bracket are you in? Given this is STW…

jairaj

I’m 31 but mates age ranges from 25 to 35.

I listen to a wide range of music from. Opera to 80s hip hop to house to indie rock to jazz. Hence being quite vague with my requirements.

Idea is to try something new so no problem with a few wacky suggestions.

Thanks all for the suggestions so far keep emailing coming.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bar in London with lively music’ is closed to new replies.