Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend me a badminton bat
  • organic355
    Free Member

Played last night and borrowed a mates and should probably get my own.
    What should I be looking for, brands etc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The only brand I can associate solely with badminton is Yonex.

Maybe try a Decathlon; plenty of stock, a wide range, and often some really good bargains.

wl
    Free Member

Carlton make decent bats. I like my mine.

steve-g
    Free Member

I like yonex, whatever you get make sure you get it re-strung. The strings that they come with are always rubbish and are loose after about 2 hours use.

Edric64
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you take it back if the strings came loose that quickly?

MrSparkle

Bat?? Fookin’ bat?? Fool – they’re called ‘cues’.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Club

j_me
    Free Member

Where in Scotland are you. I have two pretty good bats gathering dust under the stairs.

snakebite
    Free Member

Badminton sticks. if you don’t mind.

sv

Yonex plenty of online sellers – Google is your friend!

DezB
    Free Member

Kennex were the best badders bashers back when I used to play
    http://www.prokennex.com/list2.php?type=BADMINTON

organic355
    Free Member

and what should i be looking to spend, I was thinking around £50, would that get me something decent (I know the can go upto around £200)

nickname
    Free Member

Most people I know play with Yonex, including myself.

I have a fairly cheap one from the Armortec range and it’s not bad, pretty light, but not as light as the more expensive ones (say upwards of £50).

The Yonex strings mine came with were actually quite good until they snapped. The new strings I have (also Yonex) seem to be coming loose ‘n need replacing, but oh well 🙂

This is where I get most my badminton stuff from, and here’s the yonex range:

http://www.kickbacksports.co.uk/badminton/Badminton-Racquets/Yonex-Badminton-Racquets/default.aspx

Price wise, it’s upto you 🙂

Mine was about £20, some chap I play with spent £70 or so, we’re both evenly matched, doesn’t make a massive difference.

I’d rather spend the extra on decent shoes ‘n better shuttles, and sweat bands!

P20

I’ve used yonnex, but prefer karakal. I’ve had a couple of the sl70 bats over the last few years. Centralsports are normally pretty good online.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Yonex are good, i swear by them. I currently have an Arcsaber 10 which is the top of the range one which i think is pretty good. I got it for half price from Hong Kong. As above, try the Armortec range as they are good starter raquets. But if you are thinking of splashing out go for Nanospeeds.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Decathlon actually do a try before you buy service.

LB18
    Free Member

Try racketworld on ebay they have a good choice of rackets at greatly reduced prices.

I’ve picked up a Browning racket off of there for £40 down from £220 and have had 3 yrs of matches out of it. About to get it re-strung but 3 yrs from one set of strings playing 2 times a week is good going.

They sell on last years colours at a big discount – not unlike a bike shop really!

RichJJ
    Free Member

I’m using a Carlton ‘Isoblade graphite’ Used it every week for last 2 years, nice and light and good balance. I’d highly recomend it, had a Carlton one before that too. Never felt the need to spend big bucks on anything else. Bought it in Sports Direct for £24.99, label said it was marked down from £79.99 ?? Sports Direct is worth a look as they normally have a few decent ones marked down to a reasonable price and you can have a feel of the weight and balance.

donsimon
    Free Member

I used to use a Carlton 3.7x, at the time it was up with the best. The modern stuff, I’d go with Carlton coz I know the brand, Yonnex I think are ok, but budget wise I’d go to Decathlon.

organic355
    Free Member
    tony24
    Free Member

been playing for 7 years now best racquet i have used are made by babolat. Decathlon sell them the strings they come with are not to bad. they last well though mine is on its third restring now still love the feel of it.

organic355
    Free Member

this also looks like a great deal if the RRP is correct?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/carlton-fireblade-iso-tour-badminton-racket-729026

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Ashaway here. I’ve had a few Yonexs as well and they’ve all been fine. The Ashaway has a nicer feel to it for me. Paid about £100 for mine but they do cheaper ones in the range.

tony24
    Free Member

sports direct just mark everything up so it looks like a good deal…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve still got my 20 year old carbon Yamaha. 😳

organic355
    Free Member

try the Armortec range as they are good starter raquets. But if you are thinking of splashing out go for Nanospeeds

Is it not the other way round?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a badminton bat’ is closed to new replies.