Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me a backpack?
  • Merak

Ive used a Dakine pack for the last few years. Its great but is too small, it only holds a litre of water and a multitool/phone etc.

I dont need an expedition size bag but as well as a bit more water something I could stow some food, a jacket etc in, mibbes 10 litre or so.

Id rather not spend mega bucks tbh, and much as I love the bright colours they are murder for an OCD like me to keep clean.

What say you?

simonjj
    Free Member

I was after similar to you, around 10L, also i’m not bothered about hydration packs.
    After looking at a few options i bought an Osprey Syncro 10.
    It can take a hydration pack but it’s an extra so i use the space for other items, all Osprey bike packs have a helme holder which is very useful.
    http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/hydration_packs__osprey_hydraulics_1/syncro_10
    Simon

philbert31
    Free Member

Evoc CC10l is a top bit of kit and the bladder holds plenty and room for tools etc. can’t fault it really.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you’re looking for a cheaper option then try Decathlon. The diosaz raid sacks come in various sizes. Really happy with mine.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Evoc CC, got the 16l myself as it perfectly fits a 15″ laptop so i use it for commuting aswell!

Merak

Many thanks. Evoc does look good.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

EVOC all the way! I’ve got an FR Enduro at the moment, which is the 16l one with a back protector and it’s brilliant. I’ve also had a CC 16l before, which was great as well.

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’ve got a FOX oasis and love it!!!
    Slightly little on the space front, although there is loads of exterior space.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Camelback Mule NV, comes with a 3l bladder and room for loads of stuff Great bag,

Merak

The price of the mule!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep it’s about £80, with a very good bladder (3l baffles to keep it’s shape 1/4 turn opening) That hooks properly into the bag. Proper pockets for stuff.

I’m guessing the EVOC doesn’t come with bladder?

I’m a bit out of touch with camel back prices as this one was a present and the last one lasted for 7 years. It’s only died as 1 zip has gone the rest of them work and it still gets used as a spare bag. After trying a few others back then these work and last. Back to price vs value.

kiwijohn

Dakine Drafter.

theblackmount
    Free Member

I’ve got Dakine packs – bombproof but heavy. As are the Evoc’s – good for posing around Trail Centres I guess 😉 Depends how much weight means to you.

These are superb – very light ( 1/2 to 2/3 the weight of the above depending on model)and a hell of a lot tougher than they look:

http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-RacePro-18-SS13.html?L=26

Clever bladder system which is stored low down / wraps around your Kidneys.

stumpy01

+1 for the Osprey Syncro 10.

stufive
    Free Member

+1 for ospray..i did recently however buy an alpkit gourdon roll top bag which is completely water proof, it dosent come with a bladder but there is a space for one ive used it for walking and mtb great value at £22

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Osprey packs are good, that evoc one looks like a school bag from the 90s.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Osprey packs are fantastic. The new, 2013, ones are really nice too and hold an amazing amount of stuff.

Merak

I wasn’t aware the Evoc didn’t come with a bladder, thats a bit stingy. Its £84 with the bladder..oooft.

Camelbak is a good find.

luddite
    Free Member

I can recommend Kriega. Built extremely tough with a 10 year guarantee.
    http://www.kriega.com/r15/

philbert31
    Free Member

My evoc came with a bladder! I also have an Osprey pack but the bladder melted when cleaning it!

luffy105
    Free Member

I got a camelbak hawg on eBay for £55 and it has been excellent. For me it is the right balance between space and size and completely bomb proof. Never figured out how the helmet holder pocket/straps work but apart from that it has been flawless.

Alex

Lots of good packs there. 90% of the time I ride with a Camelbak Charge LR. Light but tough, bladder is round the waist (only 2ltr tho) and easily enough space for tube/pump/rain jacket/tools and a sarnie. I much prefer this to my old Lobo mainly because the weight of the water is non your hips.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

IIRC the 10l Evocs come with a bladder just the bigger ones dont :S

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a backpack?’ is closed to new replies.