Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a 83×128 ISIS BB.
  • Bream
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a 83×128 ISIS BB for my new frame and Middleburns?

TIA.

njee20
    Free Member

Christ, what frame's that!?

I can't recommend an ISIS b/b at all sadly! SKF would get my vote, but I'm almost certain they didn't come in that size.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like a glory or a demo

FSA and truvativ are the only ones are they not IIRC ? and if i know fishers the truvativ one will be out of stock !

Bream
    Free Member

My new DH race steed arriving soon 8)

Bream
    Free Member

BTW njee20, (off topic and XC related) would a NU seatpost work with a Arione CX carbon railed seat as the rails aren't circular?

And where is the best place to buy a NU? My WCS deal fell through.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Doesn't someone do a ISIS axle with HTII cups and bearings in that sort of size?

Bream
    Free Member

Not sure 😕

Hairychested
    Free Member

Pretty sure SKF make bearings you could retro fit. Ebay is full of not-quite-original ones though.

Bream
    Free Member

The only one I can find is the FSA Platinum Pro DH ISIS Bottom Bracket.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

I use the same BB on my Canfield Jedi (with Middleburn cranks too) and I can highly recommend one. No problems whatsoever.

Is that Banshee frame an MK II model?

Bream
    Free Member

Is that Banshee frame an MK II model?

Yep, just waiting for the shipment now, can't wait to take it to Spain 8)

njee20
    Free Member

Taking it back OT, YGM re NU. That's like some sort of code!

GW
    Free Member

Bream – I never managed to get a FSA Platinum pro DH ISIS BB to last more than a day before developing play. (that was in 100mm shell guise tho) – ended up just running the bottom bracket with play, it eventually developed into shit loads of play (but they never actually disintegrated/seized).

If at all possible I'd completely avoid ISIS for a DH bike (even if it was as ugly as that ^^). 😛

woffle
    Free Member

It's the same as I'm having to run on my airnimal – this one lasted about 11 months / 5000 odd miles and it's now creaky with a fair bit of play. Not sure whether I'm going to get a like-for-like replacement again or look at other options (which are going to be limited)

Bream
    Free Member

So, if I open this up to include square taper BBs, is the some better options?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 83×128 ISIS BB.’ is closed to new replies.