Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a 69er frame…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Vaguely tempted to build one up with spares I have lying around, looking for recommendations for cheap and cheerful 69er frame, fork and front wheel.

Does the inbred come in this flavour? (doesn't look like it)

Ideally the frame would be SS too. Not fussed if steel or alloy.

poppa
    Free Member

If you go rigid you can use a standard frame.

JRTG
    Free Member
    DT78
    Free Member

Sorry chap this will be a budget hack/project bike, £500 on frame and fork is wayyyyy too much for me.

poppa – could you expand your point about going rigid? Do you mean if I get a standard inbred and a 29 specific rigid fork / wheel that would be ok geometry wise? Surely not?

tonto
    Free Member

use a 26" rigid fork with a 29 wheel
    works on my old hummer

sam-r
    Free Member

a while ago Brant/On One sent in a 456 with a 29er reba fork & front wheel to Dirt – it scored highly in the group test

tazzymtb

carver make a 96er, they did it way before trek! contact rockstar racing who import the frames, i think the painted version is a couple of 100 quid with the slinky ball burnished finish just over 300.

http://www.carverbikes.com/

himupstairs

as sam said, on-one did one with a normal 26" frame, but it looked a bit queer like, as do the carvers.
    also means you have to have various sizes of tubes and tyres as spares….

tazzymtb

I think the carvers are rather pretty but I like odd/niche bikes 🙂

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I like my Carver, quite comfy for a alu hardtail too.

Stuart

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I'm running an on-one 853 SS with 26" carbon on-one fork and 29" front wheel. Steers fine, rolls better over roots than rigid with 26" wheel. Very happy with it. You could stretch a 26" tube in there if you're stuck.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 69er frame…’ is closed to new replies.