• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a £600-800 hardtail…
  • fionap

For a friend. She’s tried out a Mondraker Vantage which she really liked but I think it’s got poor spec for the money – http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Mondraker-Vantage-Mountain-Bike-2015-Hardtail-MTB_77670.htm
    It’ll be used for fairly gentle off-roading.

Needs to be small / 15″. Second-hand is a definite possibility, but what would you recommend keeping an eye out for? Similar geometry to the Mondraker ‘forward geometry’ thing would be a bonus.

woodster

Commencal do a few nice hardtails around that money. e.g

This

taxi25
    Free Member

I wouldn’t look beyond the Cannondale Edric linked to.

fionap

Thanks. That first Cannondale is a bargain! My only concern is it’s a 29er – I know this has been covered many many times but is that going to be a bit unwieldy for a very light, 5’4 rider?

Edric64
    Free Member

Go on that site Pauls cycles ,loads of bargains

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Is she doing some proper mountain biking? That Vantage looks absolutely ace, very aggressive geometry.

If that’s the sort of bike she wants then I wouldn’t bother with that Cannondale which is the absolute opposite of aggressive or froward geomentry it has a head angle of 71 FFS.

That Commencal looks cool I would also add Saracen Mantra Trail, Saracen Kili Pro and Genesis Core 30. I have tried both the Saracen’s and they feel very ‘right’.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Is it not best to get something second-hand off Ebay that’s only had light use ? Seems like the way to get the most for your money

mboy
    Free Member

Whyte 802

Reviews are glowing at its got an exceptionally well thought out spec and frame geometry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a £600-800 hardtail…’ is closed to new replies.