Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a £500 bike
  • filks

My brother is looking at getting an MTB after 20 years…

New I was thinking Voodoo Bizango and Canyon Grand Canyon. Anything else?

Otherwise second hand clearly where the value is I would guess?

Any suggestions?

TIA

cuyahoga
    Free Member

I’m certainly happy with my Bizango (accepting that it’s a first step, rather than the be-all-and-end-all). Yours today for exactly £500 from either Halfords or Cycle Republic; http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-bizango-29er-mountain-bike

A tenner deposit in-store will secure that reduced price.

Cheers, Stu

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/laura-trott-mtb-1-womens-moutain-bike

Spec at least matches the Bizango, but is £70 cheaper (£430), except it is 27.5″ wheels and SRAM NX 1×11 gearing.

In my opinion, the best sub £500 hardtail deal out there I’m aware of, even better if you are a bloke and have a blokes saddle in the spares to replace the supplied one. 😉

jekkyl

there’s a Cotic bfe on the classifieds right now for that money, buy it quick

Inbred456
    Free Member
    survivor

Diamondback do some very nice and will spec’d bikes for around his budget

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Second hand Scott Scale. I bought a 2015 29er off eBay for £425. I love it and use it more than my supposedly ‘main’ bike.

dai3015
    Free Member
    dumbbot
    Free Member

That Forme seems like a absolute bargain for £499!

nickscots1
    Free Member

Trek X Calier 7 Shimano hydraulic brakes and groupset with a nice rockshock fork. Great bike, I use when when leading groups.

Trek £500Trek X Caliber 7. Lovely bike, Shimano hydraulics, rockshok fork and good shimano groupset.

mcnultycop

That Forme is amazing for the cash. Proper fork and great spec.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

We got Dimondback Heist 1.0 as works Adventure Training bikes.

http://www.diamondback.co.uk/MTB/Product/?pc=1&pt=10&pg=14287

We found them the best bang for buck for us, we’ve had them across Dartmoor and around the local trail centres.
    With a quick google there is a few around below £500.

tpbiker
    Free Member

As you say, second hand is way to go IMO. Youd get a cracking bike for 500 quid second hand. 26er frame fork and wheels can be had for peanuts, as can finishing kit which has been upgraded.

I put together a 2013 canyon nerve with fox forks and decent wheels for 400 quid last year.

Otherwise bottom of the range boardman is currently 520 quid in the sale.

olly2097
    Free Member

I you’re buying new its hard to beat the bizango.

Ignore the fact its from halfords and take note of the highly positive reviews.

Why would you not buy one?

MoreCashThanDash

That Forme is simply stunning value at that price.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Agreed, that Forme is nuts for the money! I’d buy it and I don’t even need a bike, or even like hardtails..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a £500 bike’ is closed to new replies.