Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a 26 tube that's good for 29.
  • zippykona

As above. Think I shall try these new fangled tube things.
    Love from an ex Stans user. X

cynic-al
    Free Member

if it’s a serious question, a fat one, but a 29er tube will of course be easier to use.

zippykona

29er tubes are heavy and expensive. Man in the magazine said he always uses 26 ers.

nedrapier

I’m no magazine man, but I use cheapy “normal” 26in tubes in 2″ 29er tyres. bit frustrating to get them in at first, but fine once you’ve done it a couple of times and you know where to put your thumbs!

Paceman
    Free Member

In an emergency maybe.

tk46hal
    Free Member

£3.99 for a 29er tube at my LBS. Is that expensive? 😐

stevewhyte
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

29er tubes are heavy and expensive

Is that serious, i mean just how much more expensive, £1 or £2 per tube.

So thats say about an extra £20 over my entire lifetime, wow i had better watch or i will run out of money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£3.99 for a 29er tube at my LBS. Is that expensive?

Yea, I got some off CRC for £2.50.

I tried 26″ ones as that’s what the previous owner had in there, an absolute PITA to get back in though, maybe there’s a knack to it. I just went tubeless so the argument over weight is academic.

zippykona

Last time I looked at tubes was a long time ago. True, prices have come down and choice expanded.
    Have a whole shed of 26 tubes would be nice to find a use for them.
    When I have used 29 tubes they always seem too big!

Raouligan
    Free Member

I Only ever use 26″ tubes I like the Raleigh ones from Merlin that are always on special offer as the blue valve caps match my Salsa El Mariachi ;0)

They seem fine and I’ve been using them for over a year!

rOcKeTdOg

3 for £10 is what i paid for bontys

cheers_drive

Just got some conti 29er tubes for less than £4 each from Rose bikes, same price as 26er.
    I was so shocked that I just handed over my money when the LBS charged me £18 for to Schwalbe road tubes,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 26 tube that's good for 29.’ is closed to new replies.