Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a 26" AM wheelset
  • wl
    Free Member

Thinking of something like a Pro2 Evo and Stans Crest or Flow. After something light, strong and affordable for 2.35 tyres. I’m a fairly light rider but I’ll be riding rocky trails in Pennines and Lakes with the occasional 4ft drop. Any tips or warnings? How are Crests vs Flows from Hope? Or Mavic equivalents? I heard 317s are super cheap, v light and surprisingly strong. Budget’s around £250-£300 for a pair, maybe a bit more if it makes a real difference. Ta.

Pridds

Flows over crests for what you describe. Had pro 2 straight pulls on flows for 2 years and they have been brilliant. Never had to touch them. I live in the Lakes so they get plenty of rocks but have been faultless

stevede
    Free Member

Stans Arch ex on pro2’s sound like they fit the bill, got mine from moonglu as they weren’t available as a hope hoop – not sure if that’s changed or not.

tenfoot

I’m looking at Hope hubs and Arch rims. Reckon I’ll be saving around 400g over my M525 hubs and Alex SX44 rims

wl
    Free Member

Cheers for these. Never heard of the Arch – I’ll look into it. I did read that Crests are insanely strong for their weight. Any other info welcome.

stevede
    Free Member

Arch ex sits between the crest and the flow. They’ve beefed up the flow’s which are now flow ex’s, a bit wider and stronger, more of a light (ish) dh rim. I use them on my bigger bike for more dh orientated riding.

wl
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for the info – sounds like the Arch could be perfect. Checked the weight, 440g I think, which is plenty light enough. Currently on WTB Dual Duties which I think are 555g each. I’m hoping to notice a difference when I pedal.

bigrich

alcolepone
    Free Member

in a similar postion myself. just found a broken eyelet on my 819 rims 🙁 was looking at changing them for some pro 2 flow’s. p.s. the 819 rim looks fine and it rides fine, will i die if i go out for a ride with a broke spoke?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 26" AM wheelset’ is closed to new replies.