• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Chew.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a 24hr event for 2014
  • riklegge

I’m interested in entering a 24 hour race next year. Ideally it would be in the summer, and I would want it to be among proper mountains (not riding around a muddy, flat field somewhere). So, which are the best options?

njee20
    Free Member

Mayhem is the biggest. Not technical, but certainly not flat.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Man up and go for the strathpuffer

5thElefant
    Free Member

About 5% of people managed to ride the hills at mayhem this year. Will that do?

riklegge

Strath puffer does look good!

riklegge

How was mayhem? Good fun, good atmosphere? I’m not necessarily after anything really hard, it’s just that if I’m going to get a pass away from the family for the weekend then I want to maximise the experience!

tang
    Free Member

Mayhem will be better next year. Tweaked course and trackside camping.

riklegge

Great stuff, thanks.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Strathpuffer, 17hrs of night riding in the cold and wet! Great fun and atmosphere. Entries out in November

swanny853

I’m going to sling a vote in for 24:12. The course held up better under more rain last year than (old) mayhem did, and actually stayed pretty fun despite the conditions. This year the weather was a little kinder!

njee20
    Free Member

Mayhem is a great event. At the end of the day any 24 will be hard enough, irrespective of hills etc. if its flat you ride faster!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Relentless. 24 hours at Ben Nevis in October. Bloody brilliant

Nobby

24/12 is my favourite – will have to see whether they can get as good a course as Newnham for next year.

andrewh
    Free Member

Relentless is hosting the World Champs in 2014. Go on, you know you want to!
    Mayhem is OK as a fun race/party event but the course is hardly great or weather proof.
    If you can travel I would stongly recomend 24hrs of Finale, north Italy. It was the worlds last year, best course I have ever ridden, up in the hills looking down on the sea. One of the driest races in Europe apparently, altough it pi$$ed it down for the last 4hrs when I was there. See http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/24hr-world-champs-2012.html

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Big mountains you say? Relentless it is. Not that you climb any big mountains, but there’s some brutal climbs on the course

bengbong
    Free Member

Another vote for relentless Fort William, any No Fuss event- well ran, great courses and great fun in a beautiful environment. Tour de Ben Nevis is simply wonderful!!

Chew
    Free Member

BB200?
    One lap, in the hills of mid Wales and 24 hours if you’re fast enough 😉

http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/pages/BB200.html

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 24hr event for 2014’ is closed to new replies.