Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Recommend me a…
  • alpineharry
    Free Member

Hi,

i’m in need of a new chain tool and wondered what people recommend?, will be used mainly at home so size wont be too much of an issue, after something of decent quality that will last a long time without, generally, being too expensive.

Also, knee pads wise, what do you recommend? have had the same pair for about 6 years now and showing signs of wear so some new ones might be due

thanks

Scapegoat

The Park tools chain tool is meant to be pretty good. The workshop version with the sliding chain holder. 23 quid at CRC

jairaj

Knee pads wise I can highly recommend the Troy Lee ones, either the knee only or the knee and shin versions. Both are very light and breathable, you barely notice they are there. The shin protection version adds hardly any weight or bulk so I’d rather use those. I used to run 661 Kyle straits for a ages thinking they were great but the Troy Lee ones are far better. Only had a few minor falls so not tested them fully but they stayed in position and reduced the impact on my knee. I also tried kneeing a tree on purpose and they seemed to do the job fine. They are held on with elastic only so if between sizes go for the smaller size.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a…’ is closed to new replies.