Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a 10 speed chain please
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’ve run kmc x10 sl since being 10 speed some years ago and never having an issue, I’ve suddenly broke one after only being a few weeks old

Just one of them things as I’ve not had an issue before problem is I order from Hong Kong so I have 20 ish day wait so I’m after something relatively quickly from Merlin cycles or the like

Not paying 40 quid for one of the x10 sl’s on there willing to wait for one from HK

So whatcha recommend? Is a safe bet a shimano xt one? Must be able to run a quick link etc

Any good offers about?

matther01
    Free Member

I run my bikes with less expensive kmc for £20ish from wiggle.

matther01
    Free Member

Ribble have the x10l for 21.40 + pp or wiggle 24.99

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Scapegoat

Halfords kmc x10l £24.99 halfords reserve and collect. Order mow it’ll be in store by Tues afternoon

stu1972
    Free Member

Fell into the trap of expensive hollow pin chains etc and finally settled for a KMC x10.73

6 months of 1×10 uphill mashing on a FS and its still spot on
    £cheap off fleabay IIRC

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

was it a genuine kmc from HK? I got a kmc10sl from HK it was a slightly different colour to my other one from ribblr, and lasted about a month. Replaced with another from ribble , original colouring, and thsts been fine for 10 months.

hounslow
    Free Member

guy i work with snapped 2 KMC chains on his recent drivetrain swap(road/105). fitted a SRAM chain like we usually would and he’s been fine since. Last time i make that mistake.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

KMC

Northwind

Cheaper KMC for me. I dabbled with lightweight chains, was all fine til the first chainsuck when they bent plates and started jumping. Not enough metal in em I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never had issues with SRAM chains. They are one of those things though, you are happy if the cheap one lasts and annoyed if the expensive one doesn’t – both can snap for no reason.

I’ve suddenly broke one after only being a few weeks old

Why not fix it and carry on?

cnud
    Free Member

I’ve been up and down the Shimano / SRAM and KMC ranges, so far the cheapo KMC X10.93 £16 unpackaged on eBay has been the only survivor. Just my observations, no science. Oh and that’s on eBay from somewhere in Newcastle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 10 speed chain please’ is closed to new replies.