Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a 1 cup "Stove top" Espresso maker.
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Ok, I’m looking to get a new stove top espresso maker as my current one has given up the ghost.

I need only a 1 cup stove top maker, so before I go off and buy the “usual” shape one, I thought I would ask for ideas from the STW massive.

Over to you.

jimmy

aren’t they all pretty much the same? except those pink ones

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Can I recommend an aeropress? Makes a far better cup of coffee with less fuss.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

+1 for aeropress

DrJ

Can’t understand what people see in Aeropress – just a modified caffetiere.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you mean a far different cup of coffee surely torsion ?
    one mans far better is another mans muck.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Handpresso, not exacly stove top, but you supply the hot water and the 16 bar of bicycle pumping action, it delivers frothy crema and near recreational drug usage levels of caffeine

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Bialleti Moka Express 3 Cup.

aP
    Free Member

Pretty much anything made by Alessi as the quality is so much better than the Bialetti/ or similar knock-offs. I bought an Aldo Rossi La Cupola 6 cup in June and it makes really quite pleasant coffee.

spooky_b329

Can’t understand what people see in Aeropress – just a modified caffetiere[/i]

Aeropress can make a much stronger espresso like coffee…as far as I can tell, it is an espresso, in taste at least. The difference is huge!

An Aeropress convert of over two years.

DrJ

Handpresso is great, and the Illy ESE pods are very good. Not sure I could be arsed with it first thing n the morning …

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Never quite get the aeropress reviewers saying it’s just like [insert brew method of choice].

Aeropress is a brew method of its own, producing a much cleaner cup, and is quick yet simple to get right.

If you like swigging grounds in your burnt or over extracted coffee then stick with your cafetieres and stove tops.

If you want a similarly clean cup get a v60 or syphon, but expect it to be 1) pricey and 2) more faff.

youngrob

+1 for Aeropress

It is similar to a cafetiere but also has a filter so the coffee is as strong as you want and clean without that sludgy texture you get from a cafetiere.

I bought mine for camping but I now use it everyday.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I bought mine for camping but I now use it everyday

This.

I have had a stovetop coffee in the morning for as long as I can remember (I also have a Gaggia machine, which only really gets used on weekends). Got given an aeropress as a gift, didn’t get the fuss, but liked the fact that it’s quick and the grounds are dealt with as a puck. Took it on this years camping holiday instead of a stovetop. Got back from holiday, made a stovetop and was distinctly underwhelmed at how acrid it was by comparison. Stove top is now in the cupboard.

andytherocketeer

Never had grounds in my stovetop made coffee. Same cleanup convenience as aeropress too. And no need for paper filter disc thingies (which I assume are very readily available?)

Only consumable in the Bialetti I have is the rubber seal about once every 5-10 years.

grahamg
    Free Member

Well worth getting a stainless steel one IMO.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 1 cup "Stove top" Espresso maker.’ is closed to new replies.