Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend Manchester Airport Hotel + Parking
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Family and I are flying from Manchester in March, on a fairly early morning flight.

Which local hotels are good with decent parking too?

Ta

midlifecrashes

SAS/Radisson is the one attached to the terminal. Get up, take bags, check in(best to do that online a week in advance). Back to Hotel for breakfast, saunter over when convenient.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Bewleys is the best package generally. And only a walk/very short bus to the terminals.

Avoid the crowne plaza next door.

The Marriott is nicer but is a 10 minute bus in.

Hilton is ok. Used to stay there too.

(Am an airline pilot hence waaaaay too much knowledge of airport hotels)

tomkerton
    Free Member

That raddisson is the top,pick for quality but is expensive and don’t know if they offer a package with car parking.

midlifecrashes

I’ve had a 15 day park/1 night sleep deal at the Radisson, if there are none floating about on the usual websites, try contacting them direct.

tomkerton
    Free Member

That’s got to the the winner then. It’s a great hotel.

ernie67

Raddison is spot on – so convenient for parking , terminals etc . My only complaint would be the restaurant….bloody expensive & small portions too ( I’m from Yorkshire & like filling up !) , so maybe try & grab something in one of the terminals. Bar’s nice though .

edward2000
    Free Member

For the love of baby Jesus, do not stay at the Britannia Airport Hotel

UncleFred
    Free Member

Etrop Grange – I thinks its been there since before Ringway opened. Short Courtesy bus ride from the airport. Best breakfast i’ve ever had in an Airport Hotel.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Premier inn south

Cougar

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk is handy, I’ve found.

alanl
    Free Member

edward2000 – Member
    For the love of baby Jesus, do not stay at the Britannia Airport Hotel

We stayed there for a weekend, 4 years or so ago. Cost us around £100 for 2 nights.
    Apart from being a little noisy, due to a rather large wedding going on,it wasnt too bad.
    Has it gone downhill?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cheers for the info.

We have made the decision to just get up early and drive over, save a load of cash.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Knowing the M62 and M60, that’s the last thing I’d do if I had a flight to catch. We stayed at a Premier Inn near the freight terminal, only sixty odd quid for one night, in July. Dropped mrs_d and luggage off at hotel, dropped car off at long term car park, got a taxi back to hotel. Courtesy bus at 6am to get back to Terminal. No motorway madness to worry about

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We need to be at the terminal 6-6:30am surely it cant be that bad at that time of the morning on a Sunday ??

john_drummer
    Free Member

Probably not, but we are talking M62…

Shame you couldn’t fly from LBA. £12 taxi there, £14 rip-off back, fifteen minutes max

brokenbanjo

Stayed at the Premier Inn by the Freight Terminal in July, £35 for me and the missus. Then parked at one of the long stay car parks and got the free bus back. All good. Shame to holiday was shite and I’m still feeling the effects now.

h1jjy
    Free Member

Can’t recommend a hotel as I am Manchester based. But airport parking go for the muti story next to the terminal.
    It’s not cheap around £50 if book on advanced (compared to £35 for others)
    But it’s walk out of terminal across road into car and go. No waiting in the cold for the shuttle bus. That you just missed and have to wait another 15 mins for the next one

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If you’re staying at the radisoon you migh be able to check in the majority of your hold luggage the night before. As advised earlier – I’d eat before heading to the airport.

IHN

We found it was just as cheap to stay at the Premier Inn and book parking at the Meet and Greet parking at the airport. Get up in the morning at the hotel, drive the 5 minutes to the airport, drop car off right outside the terminal, away you go.

On the way back it’s straight out ofthe airport, into the car and away…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

But airport parking go for the muti story next to the terminal.

This is what we have booked. No one else driving our car, and really easy to access to the terminal.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Manchester Airport Hotel + Parking’ is closed to new replies.