Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend good food places in Southampton (Veggie friendly)
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Going to the Mayflower Theatre tomorrow night and want to eat beforehand. Any good places around the area?

saleem
    Free Member

The white star used to be good

thomthumb
    Free Member

my grandad phoned me and asked me this on monday (??!!)

olive tree in oxford street; not veggie but lots of options (near to white star tavern ^)

indian melody (southamptons only veggie restaurant) comes reccomended but i’ve never been there

art house cafe, but it’s only open till 5 on saturday.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

The Japanese place, Zen, at the bottom of the high street near the Red Funnel terminal is pretty decent. I’d imagine a veggie wouldn’t go hungry in there. Bit of a schlep from the Mayflower though – best to get hop on the free bus that runs between the train station and the ferry terminal.

owzabout zat Zen ?

dobo
    Free Member

mango thai tapas at portswood was good food when i last went, not vegi though. there was also a mexican just opposite which was ok for a drink and some tunes, not sure what the foods like.

there used to be a thai just oposite the mayflower that was good years ago, but theres a few food places along there now which are probaly all ok depending on what you want.

Muke
    Free Member

Caribbean @ Turtlebay. Not been myself but something different and not far from Mayflower.

pjm84
    Free Member

Mayflower has a good restaurant

cienega
    Free Member

Namaste Kerala is really good; Keralan Indian food so lots of veggie curries etc. Near the Guildhall so around 5 mins walk from the Mayflower.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend good food places in Southampton (Veggie friendly)’ is closed to new replies.