Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend good documentaries like Vietnam in HD (not necessarily about wars)
  • zeesaffa
    Free Member

I’m looking for recommendations for good documentaries please.

Just finished watching Vietnam in HD – absolutely brilliant. Gripping, gritty and felt like a learnt a lot about a rather significant event.

Can anyone recommend similar documentaries please? Not necessarily about war but I don’t mind either way. Anything enlightening will do…

survivor

The Unknown Knowns about Donald Rumsfeld’s career. Fascinating and will link in with what you’ve just seen.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You’ve been trumped .pretty relevant as he’s just been voted president . It certainly puts him in a pretty bad light .

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

If you have Netflix then Making A Murderer is hands down one of the most compelling, fascinating and gut-wrenching docus I’ve seen in recent years.*

*Try to avoid spoilers and punching the TV!

mattyfez

If you use torrents, MVgroup… more documentaries than you can cope with.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think Letters Home From Vietnam was a good documentary, donkeys years since I’ve seen it tho.

Touching the Void also good docu-film.

and the Clarkson ( 😯 ?) Raid on St Nazaire, great and just bonkers. Sad and awe inspiring in equal measure, but holds some record for VC’s won, most in shortest space of time or most in one mission or something like that.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Oliver Stones Untold history of the United States is very very good.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Thanks all!

Malvern, I’ve seen Makig a Murderer. Really good!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘Project Nim’ – also unforgettable for me.

cinnamon_girl

The 2 part BBC series about the miners was good and will be available on i-player.

funkynick

I find the Storyville docs on BBC iplayer always worth a look.

rs
    Free Member

Weight of Chains about the wars in yugoslavia, should be on youtube I think.

watched some of the oliver stones ones and so far so good.

BigJohn

Do what we did last January. Book a flight to Hanoi and another one back from Saigon 3 weeks later and sort your selves out when you’re there.
    Trip of a lifetime.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend good documentaries like Vietnam in HD (not necessarily about wars)’ is closed to new replies.