Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Recommend cheap speaker cable
  • Cougar

Proper speaker cable is worth it but you are very soon into diminishing returns ie cheap speaker cable over bell wire – easy improvement. going to expensive stuff – very little if any improvement for your money

The same is true of Hi-Fi generally, I find.

simondbarnes

I need one of the lengths to be just under 5m.

Surely you want both lengths to be the same?

ransos
    Free Member

‘Interestingly, New Scientist recently commented on the London Heathrow Hi Fi Show, saying that among the cables selling for up to £30,000 for 6 metres, they found Quad demonstrating their latest speakers to great enthusiasm. The orange cable to the speakers looked oddly familiar. When asked about it, Tony Faulkner, the recording engineer demonstrating them (who’d used the speakers as monitors while recording Saint-Saen’s complete works for piano & orchestra, Gramophone’s Record of the Year), said of the cables:

“Yes, they would look familiar if you have a garden. Before the show opened we went over the road to the DIY superstore and bought one of those £20 extension leads that Black & Decker sells for electric hedge-cutters. They are made from good, thick copper wire, look nice and sound good to me. The show’s been running for three days and no one in the audience has noticed…” – New Scientist Magazine’

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Recommend cheap speaker cable’ is closed to new replies.