Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend a Wood Shed
  • xcracer1
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a wooden shed (10 x 6) – can anyone recommend a good make?

Also is paying extra for 20mm cladding worth it over the normal 12mm ish cladding?

How easy is it to erect yourself?

Thanks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’ll pay a fortune for a woodshed, even buying new tantalised timber and making it yourself will be cheaper, but even that’s a bit overkill tbh. I have built a few now, started of buying timber but have since built some from an old fence I took down, as the posts were rotten. Only cost me the price of the screws and a bit of roofing felt.

Pippin
    Free Member

I’ve always just made the of old pallets – helps the air flow to keep on drying the wood out. A pallet base to keep off the floor and keep logs dry. Add a sloping top using sawn timber and some corrugated sheeting – about an inch drop a foot. The top sheeting is the most expensive bit followed by getting a bunch of big screws and some timber from the store. Pallets about a quid a piece!

xcracer1
    Free Member

Thanks, should have said a wooden shed (not a wood/log storage shed) I was after.

Cheers

peterich
    Free Member

I was going to say the same as pippin but now I know you’re after a garden shed the only advice I can give is don’t do what I did and varnish it yourself instead of getting it factory dipped – saved myself about £10 for a days painting gutted
    Very easy to assemble helps if you’ve got some to help hold the panels

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a Wood Shed’ is closed to new replies.