Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Recommend a toaster
  • benp1

You’ve got a wood burner right

For those that don’t, I recommend the following
    4 slice toaster that’s actually 2 long slots, so you can get your ciabatta and bloomer in there
    Bagel setting so you can do one side only if you want to
    Automatically adjusting width, great for Toaster bags – which are truly excellent things (cheese toasties, pizza, anything in fact)

Two things I wish ours had
    Flip up rack/top, great for sausage rolls and samosas!
    Can turn on just one side, if only one side is needed

We have a Dualit too, although I don’t have the matching Dualit kettle – shocking I know

I do have an instant hot water machine though, which is ace

Cougar

no one was going to get a Rankin Roger reference..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Toast’N’Egg

Surely the flagship model must include bacon in some way???

From the Argos Q&A section

This can not be used as a slow cooker, but is able to heat up meat.

Looks like for once a trip to Argos won’t be the result of some alcohol-related misfortune on ebay

cranberry
    Free Member

no one was going to get a Rankin Roger reference..

I do know that they are ideal for home defence, but can you toast bread on an M-134?

Moe

This is the great thing about Singletrack forum! I was about to post the very same question but just thought I should check and search first! 😆

hot_fiat

There’s two streams of dualit products. The “cheap” stuff, including all the kettles and pop-up toasters which are made in china. Then there’s the “proper” UK-produced stuff which is made from recycled Rolls Royce B-series engine casings and scapa flow steel.

Inside though, they’re all just a badly controlled short circuit that’ll burn your house down with alarming insistence. At least with an expensive dualit you’ll be able to keep the toaster as a souvenir.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Philips toaster came and makes excellent proper toast! I recommend.

prettygreenparrot

My dualit 4 slice monster is fine after 9 years. I was used to ones like it in hospitals where they seem to do OK. Many years ago I had a ‘cheapie’ dualit that looked cool and did thick and thin but it died quickly.

Before the dualit my favourite toaster was a 2 slice thick and thin Tefal. It had a bagel setting too.

If it’s just toast you’re after and you don’t want to go all traditional and revisit a British dualit then any old supermarket thick and thin toaster will do.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Graef, because Which mag told me to. Er, it did indeed toast my bread and continues to.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a toaster’ is closed to new replies.