Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend a route from Pateley Bridge to Middlesmoor please.
  • rockhopper70

I have a trip planned to our usual pub and while we have the Middlesmoor to pateley bridge section sorted, running along the east of the valley, the return leg looks like no other option but road along the valley bottom then the sharp climb to Middlesmoor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

rockhopperbike

the BW on the left hand side of the road going up is okay – saves a road leg starts at Wath and pops out at how steam gorge

downhilldave

Start at the small car park at Wath on the road to Middlesmoor. You can use the bus shelter to change in if the weather is normal 🙄
    Follow the route from Singletrack Mag. Quality ride.

rockhopper70

Any clues on the stw route…that side of the valley looks sparse of b/w..

downhilldave

Mag Issue 83 is the place to look. Called the Nidderdale Route. First time I rode it was recommended by the good guys at Stif. That time we ran on the road towards Lofthouse/ Middlesmoor. Look out for Grindstone Hill on your map,that’s were you need to be. On the final descent into Ramsgill :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you can turn left and follow the bridleway back to Wath,with the river on your right. Proper ride 😀

downhilldave

Doh!!! too many post Saturday ride beers. Depends where you start. From Wath back to Pateley is all road as far as I know. Sorry

jaylittle
    Free Member

Quite often do a loop in the valley bottom when weathers poor but there isnt much of a return journey. both crown pubs do good food/beer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a route from Pateley Bridge to Middlesmoor please.’ is closed to new replies.