Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend a rigid post
  • thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

…that’s not a Thomson?

Or have they finally done something about the undersized 27.2mm posts?

Thanks
    🙂

bikeneil
    Free Member

Raceface, Ritchey, Crank Brothers, Truvativ or FSA should fit the bill.

thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

Any specific models you’d suggest? Weight does not matter. Solid design and long term reliability are main things I’m looking for.

gnusmas

All my seat posts are raceface ones, a diabolus, a turbine and an old XY. All are great posts but not sure what models they do currently in a 27.2 size. The XY post is a 27.2 and is about 12 years old, still going strong.

therevokid
    Free Member

on one twelfty … haven’t managed to bend or break either of mine
    and my skill level falls some where near “bloody useless” 😉

CraigW
    Free Member

Nukeproof Warhead is OK, not too expensive. I had an On-One Twelfty, but one of the bolts broke.

thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

Thanks for all the helpful responses so far guys!

This would be for my papa’s first mountain bike, so I’ve penciled in all of the above for consideration. Aside from the On-One, the RF posts seem great for the money. Nukeproof would be a strong contender but the brand looks too cheesy next to everything else 😮

The newest Turbine and Ride are currently at the top of the list. Can anyone say anything bad about them? (Turbine in particular)

gnusmas

My turbine is a 30mm post from 2013 and is fitted to my Cove Stiffee. Have used that bike in Nant yr Arian and Brechfa as well as commuting occasionally on it since I built it up early 2014. No problems whatsoever with it in 2 years, can’t say anything bad about it. Can’t comment on the ride though as never had one of them.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Race face evolve has stood up to my twenty stone (When I’m not using a suspension post).

I like the way that it’s easy to alter the saddle angle, especially when trying to ascertain the ‘sweet spot’ of a new saddle.

paladin

I had mega problems with an on-one twelfty this week. Some of the white surface coating came off inside the seattube and seriously jammed it up. I could rotate it OK but it would not go up or down. Got it out eventually, but would not recommend anything with a paint coating

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a rigid post’ is closed to new replies.