Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend a restaurant in central Manchester?
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

As title, I’m all on me tod tonight.

So far tried Sam chophouse, toms chophouse, pans Chinese, that Korean place in the northern quarter, dough, sapporo, the japanese place in china town, zinc, and the curry place by the town hall (what can I say I was hungry).

Needs to be walkable from city centre.

Cheers,
    Jez

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bem Brasil just off Deansgate is Spotty Dog IMHO.

The Grill in the Alley off John Dalton Street is good too.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Hmmmmm: grill. I could eat a steak!

jekkyl

don giovanni’s on oxford road/princess street
    http://dongiovannis.co.uk/
    awesome italian food
    or Live bait
    http://www.livebaitmanchester.com
    awesome fish restaurant.
    both kinda pricey but ace food, if cheap and cheerful is what you’re after, there’s a few eaterys in the printworks as well as a nandos. There’s also like 3 pizza huts in manc, pizza buffet is always a winner.

stevehine

Solita in the northern quarter; bit too unhealthy for a regular visit tho…

RustySpanner

Northern Quarter Bar & Grill – brilliant.
    Next to the Chinese place, behind the flats.

matt1986
    Free Member

Grill on the alley is top notch as is restaurant bar and grill. My fav has to be sams chop house. Also Jamie Oliver’s place is getting good reviews

eightyeight
    Free Member

Bit of a brain dump, but….

There’s a great turkish restaurant on Deansgate (don’t be put off my the neon lights!) called Topkapi Palace.

Southern Eleven is alright if you like your meat.

Australasia – middling sushi, great ‘ambience’ (a little too much style over substance IMO)

I ate at Entrecôte (on Kingstreet) the other day (50% off food and wine voucher from the food market the other week). A fantastic steak, salad and house red – but not sure i’d pay full whack.

If you’re looking to push the boat out, San Carlo’s

Value for money, the Banyan Tree is pretty difficult to beat (though mainly Indian food and a bit of a walk).

Panama Hatties on Kings Street does some good Mexican food (on that note, avoid the new Revolution de Cuba – utter 5hite)

There’s also a great Indian place on the corner next to Akbars that do some really interesting Pakistan dishes, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Cheers guys!

eightyeight
    Free Member

Expect a full Jay Rayner / Giles Coren / AA Gill (delete according to political persuasion) review on your choice tomorrow!

wool

bakerie or The Northern Quarter restaurant errr both in the the northern quarter

eightyeight
    Free Member

Second The Northern Quarter Restaurant (bit pricey though). If you’re round that neck of the woods and there’s no queue nip into ‘Almost Famous’, amazing burgers (even if the staff, and the concept, are increasinly disappearing up their own backsides)

MrSparkle

This n that

yoshimi

Second Almost Famous, it’s fun:)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a restaurant in central Manchester?’ is closed to new replies.