Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • recommend a pub small hotel close to M6 south of manchester please
  • karnali
    Free Member

Travelling down to Worcester in a week or so but will only get away from cumbria after 8pm so thinking of staying just south of manchester. near M6 as have a meeting to get to later morning the next day, but somewhere less faceless than a travel lodge in services if possible.

ta

sturdylad
    Free Member

Not quite south of Manchester and possibly not far enough south for you but we just stayed at the Tickled Trout Hotel, J31

Doesn’t look that great from the outside but the rooms were comfy and the food and staff were good.

We booked through booking.com

Stayed there when visiting family in Blackpool as it was cheaper than a half decent Blackpool hotel and, well, wasn’t in Blackpool!!

somouk
    Free Member

There is an Ibis just off the M6 at junction 19 that will be cheap and cheerful.

slowoldman

The Kinderton House Hotel in Middlewich gets good comments.

steve_b77
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    The Kinderton House Hotel in Middlewich gets good comments.

I used to go in there with work, the boss was friends with the owner……. who incidentally got killed in a lay-by a few years back, apparently!!

Esme
    Free Member

The Windmill, right next to Junction 19
    And just down the road is Burnt House Farm, scene of a very brutal torture/murder in 2003
    (sorry, but he ^^ started it)

sarkmeister
    Free Member

I used to stay in the Bear’s Paw in Warmingham (J17 of M6) when I worked in Cheshire. Really nice pub with rooms above. Good selection of beers as well.

burko73

If you get as far south as Cannock area the
    Littleton arms in Penkridge is a gem, great beer and food and they have a dozen or so rooms. 5 mins from m6. The rooms at the front can be a bit noisy in the morning from traffic. Really good breakfasts as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘recommend a pub small hotel close to M6 south of manchester please’ is closed to new replies.