Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend a PJ Harvey album
  • higgo
    Free Member

I like PJ Harvey. Seen her live. Like the stuff I hear (rarely) on the radio, TV, guest appearance w Nick Cave etc. But for some reason I don’t know anything about her albums and don’t have any. Planning to put that right tomorrow so where should I start?

terrahawk
    Free Member

the only one I’ve got is Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea – it’s pretty good.
    in fact, I’m going to put it on now.

anagallis_arvensis

Dry

anagallis_arvensis

rid of me is good too

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I saw her live years ago supporting someone long since forgotten. She was great, but like Terrahawk, the only album I have is “Stories from…” It is great tho’

bruneep

My fav

Garry_Lager

Stories from the city is the best mainstream one – great album that I reckon most people would like. I thought rid of me was excellent years back, but I’ve not listened to it for beards. Definite landmark indie album of the early 90s.

My wife put her last one on in the car the other day – ‘white chalk’. It sounded good, but very low key and contemplative.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

4 track demos

is this desire?

twohats
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t buy the last one she did, bloody awful it is…

roper
    Free Member

prolly “rid of me” is my favourite but “dry” is also good.

higgo
    Free Member

Looks like ‘Rid Of Me’ wins it by a whisker – I’ll give that one a whirl.

dr_death
    Free Member

I’d start with stories of the city and work back, then when you reach the begining start working forward… Sounds odd but will work out best – Trust me, I’m a Doctor!

the-muffin-man

Just listen to them all!…

http://www.spotify.com/en/

dobo
    Free Member

Storys from the city, stories from the sea… is probably my favorite followed by rid of me but i like a good mix of them

oh what album is Naked Cousin on?

The-Beard

Get the Peel Sessions if you’re unsure where to start, it’s an excellent album and covers most of her work.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a PJ Harvey album’ is closed to new replies.