Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend a smartphone and provider please use limited to
  • vondally
    Free Member

for an middle aged person who liked a blackberry/use ipod for music but is only needing to
    make calls
    collect and respond to emails occasionally
    not be linked to a network or can you recommend a cheap option that will not majorly tie them in
    something that can be used in Europe occasionally
    a reactively cheap handset not ipod 6

thoughts options please

ElShalimo

On the 3 network you can use your UK allowance of minutes, data & texts in many countries.

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve got an a S4 in very good nick, only a few fonts here and there in the corners, official Samsung case, unlocked you can have for £150 plus postage.
    I’m only selling as I have a new iPhone.

andyl
    Free Member

You could get a cheapish iphone 5 which will have a similar interface to what you are used to.

Or if android I would suggest a nexus as I find the highly molested versions you get from the other brands to be more confusing to use (but Htc and sony will generally have better battery life)

Nexus 4: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/google-nexus-4-refurbished-8gb-black-99-99-expansys-2074126

Nexus 5: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nexus-5-16gb-white-red-239-99-expansys-free-lg-quickcover-2069277

8gb is a bit low tbh but I have an N4 I use for 3 email accounts (work, uni and private) and downloads lots of pdf files and am not even near using half of the 16gb I have. I don’t use it for music as I have an ipod for that which lasts a lot longer when playing music. Immediately after Lollipop upgrade the battery died in 4 hours which was worrying but I realised some settings were messed up. Yesterday with calls, emails and a bit of browsing I finished the day at 65%, generally I expect it to last a day as long as I don’t do lots of bright screen video playing or GPS.

johnners
    Free Member

For what you describe a Moto E would be fine, with one of 3’s 321 PAYG SIMs. Less than £50, decent screen, decent battery life, fairly stock Kit Kat. A wee bit chunky, and a pretty poor camera. Not much internal memory, but that doesn’t matter for your use, will take up to 32Gb micro SD if you want though.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks for the replies really helpful, he will not want to but second hand thanks though

are there any low cost ie £10 or less people would recommnend

pricewise looking to pay around !00 but that Moto e looks fine, is there a better model?

vondally
    Free Member

bump

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a smartphone and provider please use limited to’ is closed to new replies.