Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Recommend a new phone – Android only cheers
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Looking at a HTC One S, Samsung Galaxy note, S3 on tesco mobile.

2yr contract under £25 and free phone please. What do you recommend?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

think you will struggle to get S3 for that price even with basic minutes look at S2

rob-jackson
    Free Member

£26 at tesco at the minute in store

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mikkel
    Free Member

one s is nice

rob-jackson
    Free Member

do you have one?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Cheers will, just been reading that, trouble is that it is splitting hairs between the note and the one s

donks
    Free Member

Sony Xperia is good at £20.00. Has a fantastic camera and the screen is good.

greasyrider
    Free Member

I’ve read that the Huawei G300 is a good phone, and less than £100 to buy from tesco direct. You can get it for £70ish if you open an account with a couple of other sites. details are on hotukdeals.

Pieface

I am tempted by the xperia s despite its shortcomings, it really does feel like a quality phone.

PrinceJohn

GF has a xperia s, I’ve got a one s – personally I think HTC sense is better than sony.

stumpy01

Sony Experia for £20. Where’s that then? I’m due an upgrade & could do with some good deals to barter with…

Cougar

Are Sony releasing Android firmware updates at all ever, yet?

darryl1983
    Free Member

If you want the best phone for your £26 a month get the S3.

The Galaxy Note is about to be replaced (end of the month), so will not get much support, although its still a great phone and can be had for £15.5 a month on contract. The HTC one S is the smaller slower brother to the one X, which is a close match to the S3. So the one S isn’t really in the same league as the S3

PrinceJohn

Are Sony releasing Android firmware updates at all ever, yet?

ICS just came through OTA the other day.

Cougar

Ah cool. About time they got with the programme.

Which device?

fisha
    Free Member

Looking back, I prefer HTC’s take on android over Samsung’s.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Yes i have a One S.
    I also much prefer HTCs Android interface over Samsungs, but whether its down to my first Android phone being an HTC i will never know.

maxray
    Free Member

I had an s2 and then got an s3, best phone I have had and being that i have to test stuff on various android devices plus the iphones 3,4 and 4s it is a more enjoyable experience to use than all of them.

The only thing you have to trade is that it is a bit bigger than a 4s and is so light and thin i worry i will leave it in my back pocket and snap it when siting down 🙂

👿

PrinceJohn

Which device?

Xperia S – it’s great phone, just doesn’t feel quite so polished as the one s.

Pieface

I like the HTC interface but all their phones and the Samsungs are a bit plasticky. the Sony and Nokia Linus (windows) are the only ones I think feel like a quality item.

crush83
    Free Member

HTC One X for the win. best phone on the market inc I phone.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the one s is anodised alu

Pieface

I’ll have to have another look. When I got my current phone I thought it felt a bit naff, but its lasterd 2 years absolutely fine, I’ll have another look but after my brief session in the shop I thought there was a marked difference in quality between those 2 brands.

My Wife got an S2 cheaply by paying £150 up front for the handset and then £10pm for the contract. The phone is great but the interface is not as good as HTC, but then I’ve been using sense for the last 2 years. It does feel very delicate, and they are quite big, but they’re probably comparable to a Desire.

Let me know how you get on as I am due an upgrade with T mobile and am looking at similar phones / contracts.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Going to go look at:
    galaxy s3
    galaxy note
    sony experia s
    and HTC one s today and then decide

Probably end up with a sony or HTC after all

Pieface

There’s deals to be had on the one x (from £21 pm) – anybody know if Dial-a-phone are any good? don’t be fraid to change networks. You’ll have the phone for 2 years so a day or 2’s inconvenience will be worth it

http://phonestore.techradar.com/phones/htc/one-x?ns_campaign=Other_trd_camera_rv&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=techradar&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

rob-jackson
    Free Member

only looked at mobiles.co.uk (prepared to change from orange to tmobile)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

With topcashback you get £50 for a new contract with handset also – so maybe a HTC one X is a good plan.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

but on mobiles.co.uk a HTC One x is free with tmobile for 18.42 a month

cp

HTC One X

T-Mobile 300 mins, unlimited texts, 750mb data, £19.50 / mth

http://www.e2save.com/mobile-phone/contract/htc/HTC-One-X-Grey.html?network=o2&tariffcode=SDA4EMAR12

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I am with dial a phone and no issues so for. use top cash back too and I get an additional £50 back.

darryl1983
    Free Member

The interface differences is a non issue really with the number of third party launches available on the market. I’ve had samsung phones for the last 2.5 years now, and never used the standard launcher.

kayak23

Coming at you from an HTC one S.
    Great phone and certainly not slow. Lovely finish on it too .
    The one x is a tad more powerful but very big and battery hungry(I’ve heard)
    My one S lasts two days usually, good GPS etc.

freddyg
    Free Member

Loads of deals for the S3 (and the others you mentioned) listed here

Pieface

A lot of the deals seem to be through re-sellers, has anybody had any joy negotiating a similar deal with their current suppliers?

freddyg
    Free Member

Yes. Just phone them up and tell them. They’ll look on the internet just like you do. I did this when I got my HTC Desire from Vodafone. It took a couple of calls and the request of my code, but it worked.

porter_jamie

PLEASE do not get a motorola defy. utter utter rubbish, it has been back 3 times now, and i have to rip the battery out at least 3 times a day, every day because it locks up. cannot wait until the contract runs out.

boblo
    Free Member

Anybody tried the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2? Seems to get good reviews for a mid range. £180 to buy plus £10/month on Giff Gaff.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Blokes in the orange shop stated how shite the sony was and said it was a straight toss up between the one x and the s3 with the one x being marginally better

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a new phone – Android only cheers’ is closed to new replies.