Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend a multifunction printer
  • keppoch

A friend needs a new multifunction printer for a small business run from home. Any recommendations or warnings?

Must do this:
    Print in colour
    Scan
    Work reliably

Nice if it did this:
    Wifi
    White in colour
    Cheap ink
    Fast printing

Are laser ones worth the inital outlay? I have an Epson printer but it seems very ink-hungry, are some brands better than others?

Budget is £200 max but ideally less is better

stumpyjon

HP Officejet 7500, colour, wifi and network ready, prints A3, document feeder for scanning, £ 149, £ 45 for a full set of XL cartidges which last a lot better than my Epsom ones did. Only downside is it’s black.

nedrapier

Does he want it to do guns as well?

keppoch

The HP looks pretty good thanks. XL cartridge capability sounds good too.

Not sure I understand about the guns.

z1ppy

print a gun

HP tend to be pretty solid bit of kit, but as always I’ll add my “stay the **** away from crappy kodak’s” comment

tonyplym
    Free Member

One of these might suit the bill – I’ve been using one of the printer-only versions for a year or so and it’s been brilliant – fast, quiet and pretty economical on the ink (if you get the XXL versions they’re good for several thousand pages). Have mine connected to a wireless network hub and PC, Mac and iPad all connect to the printer first time every time. Not small, but OK in my office. Copes well with thick card and envelopes (straight-through paper path if you use the rear sheet feeder), and prints double-sided on plain paper.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Brother MFC J625DW here
    Wifi,
    AirPrint
    duplex
    cheap ink
    reliable
    £90 off Amazon

Rockhopper
    Free Member

If you do photo printing its worth finding out if it will do borderless prints or not (many don’t).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a multifunction printer’ is closed to new replies.