Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend a hotel in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
  • kjrogers

Planning on spending some time in Saalbach in the summer after a weeks riding in the French alps. Hoping to do some riding here as well but mainly just a chill out holiday. Will have the bike and also the car with us.

Can anyone recommend a hotel with bike storage and also a decent car park ?

nickfry228
    Free Member

Not sure about the car parking, but we stayed at the Sonnelighten (?).
    Very bike friendly. Secure lock up, wash and dry your kit overnight etc, etc.
    Downside was that it was up a bloody great hill, which was a bit of a slog after a day on the X-line and a few beers!
    The bike shop under the lift is good with some really helpful guys, but it’s not cheap! I smashed my pedal, and ended up paying just under £100 for a pair of Shimano dx!
    Well worth riding up to Hinterglemm to do the Adidas Pro-line. Again a good bike shop (the sister shop of the one in Saalbach) next to the lift.

nickfry228
    Free Member

Ditto that. Great hotel, great staff, secure bike store.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

We’re staying at the Hotel Gamshag from next Saturday for a week.

No idea if it is any good, but it’s ludicrously cheap. Once you subtract the cost of the free lift pass they give you then it works out at -24 euro per night. Yes, you read that right, minus 24 Euros.

Obviously that includes dinner as well as bed and breakfast.

I’m intrigued whats it’s like. I can’t see how they can operate at those margins. Even if they get the lift passes for free, which I guess they do.

andermt
    Free Member

I stayed in the Hotel Conrad apartments last year which had a space to park outside and a locked storage room, and about 30sec from the lift for the Pro/Blue lines. (Nasty climb at the end of a long day though. LOL)

BTW anyone been this year who has been before, just wondering if there are any new trails this year? From some vids it looks like they have improved the Z-Line surface a bit in the early sections.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a hotel in Saalbach-Hinterglemm’ is closed to new replies.