Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend a Hotel in Rome please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Nice rather than the cheapest but please don’t bankrupt me.

Me and Wife for a week of wedding anniversary / her birthday present

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

bump

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We stayed at the “franklin, feel the sound” hotel. Bose stereo in every room, massive help yourself cd collection, cakes free to eat in the reception area in the afternoon. Lovely soundproof rooms. Close to bus routes and underground

we’d go back there if we went to Rome again.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Franklin is the only one I’ve been to but when i stopped it was B + O stereo in the room and mirrorbll in the bathroom! I would definatley recomend it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t forget my tourist tat! 🙂

No, seriously, don’t bloody forget it.

Have you got my Delft clogs? You better have…

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Stayed in the Baileys hotel, highly recommended. Walking distance to all sights apart from Vatican handy to get bus to,

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Elf – You haven’t delivered the graphics yet so I have kept your clogs hostage. Anyway, where are you moving to now that you are leaving London?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Eh? What you on about I sent them to James yesterday!

Bloody cheek. 🙄

Leaving London? Whatever gave you that preposterous idea?????!!?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You forgot the attachments for yesterdays email I think.

I have checked and they are Delft ‘style’ clogs.

Dolcered

Just came back from Rome on Saturday night there. We stayed at the Hotel Piram, on the nicer side of Termini Train Station, walking distance from the collosseum. http://welcomepiram.hotelinroma.com/

It had just been refurbished, the rooms were lovely, breakfast wasnt great, but im not a fan of european breakfasts anyway.

Everthing is walkable, so sturdy shoes are required. There are a couple of big events coming up, so availability and prices will prob match that!

montylikesbeer

Try expedia for the whole package, full range of hotels and flights.

I went with them to Florence in January and am going to Rome (5*) in a few weeks.

A great firm to deal with

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Looks nice, mind you at 2,550 Euro for the week it should be.

Maybe something a tinsy winsy bit further down the price scale?

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

We stayed here years ago and it was wonderful, they had no restaurant then so we ate continental breakfast on the balcony. You can have hours of amusement with the smoked glass bathroom door.
    Same price now as 5 years ago and also they organised a cab to collect us from the airport which was great.
    Walking distance to the Trevi fountain (wonderful ice-cream sold there), vatican, sistine chapel etc when are you going – can supply you with tourist book and penguin outfit!

Dolcered

should have said, last week tues-sat was 350quid for the room. Easter is coming and the beautification of Pope John Paul, prices are set to soar, as well as it being really really busy (which it was anyway)

prahran
    Free Member

The Wife and I stayed here a couple of years ago: Roma Boutique
    Close to a Metro station and fairly central. Was nice

DaveRambo

Not sure of the cost (might be expensive as we stayed free on points) but the Marriott Grand Flora right on the Villa Borghese is very nice.
    I took my wife there a few years ago for 5 nights and she still says it’s the best holiday she’s ever had.

Walking distance to all the usual sights – the Villa Borgehese is lovely for a stroll around.

lunge

I stayed at the Hotel Milani last year, good hotel, very helpful staff and being close to Termini made it easy for transport.

I’ve also stayed at the Raddison Blu which is a stunning hotel, really nice, great roof top swimming pool, beautiful rooms. The only bad thing is that it is located the “wrong” side of Termini in a less that great area. If you can deal with that it is a great place to stay.

bazzer
    Free Member

Stayed here when on honeymoon, really nice

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

WCA – Email Mrs PP. We stayed in a beautiful place pretty close to the centre. It wasn’t cheap (OK, it wes pretty expensive) but it was superb in every way, and NOTHING in Rome is cheap. I think Mrs PP will have the details (Or email me and I’ll foreward it)

🙂

Rome is fantastic. I love it. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a Hotel in Rome please’ is closed to new replies.