Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend a Home Security System?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

We’re moving house soon, and I want a home security system that’ll also link into the garage, which is attached to the side of the house.

I’ve got CCTV cameras already installed and other security at the current house, but have no idea about home security systems… Can anyone recommend one/ a company?

Cheers

Ricks

somouk
    Free Member

Depends on what’s available in the garage power wise. You could use simple wireless connections, a door sensor and PIR in there, depends what the rest of the house has in it also.

dannybgoode

Coupled with

Will keep chavs and other undesirables well away…

rickon
    Free Member

The garage is powered via the mains, so can fit anything really. I’d like some PIR sensors in there. I’ve got two good size dogs too.

budgierider67

I’m impressed with the Yale wireless alarm I’ve recently fitted.
    Easy to add to so you can include a garage (I plan this when it gets rebuilt) & they do pet friendly PIR sensors too.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just don’t expect
    a) any neighbours to bother when the alarm goes off
    b) get any meaningful discount off your insurance premiums

rickon
    Free Member

That’s not the point. Three burglaries having my bnikes nicked, I’m doing everything I can to deter the scum, and catch them in the act, so I can detain them.

prettygreenparrot

?

GolfChick
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bet on the Doberman anyway, my brother has two. The thieves walked in the back door and took the car key out of the drawer in the kitchen with both dogs in the house. Needless to say he now has a ridiculous security system which alerts you if you fart in the wrong room.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve fitted a wireless yale before including the dial a number box that rings me when the alarms go off. Allows me to check the CCTV remotely to see whats happening.

You could also consider a wired version if there is mains then there will be someway to run the cables to the garage but be wary of them being cut if it’s on a wire line.

prettygreenparrot

You’ve already allocated a bunch of cash for floor anchors & motorcycle-grade padlocks & chains?

Neighbours recently had a run of garage break-ins. First one took >£4000 of bikes and power tools. All locked reasonably well. Then they had a break-in that took the remaining bikes. Then they had one that just broke in – nothing left to steal. They now have a ‘drug-dealer’ type boxed steel door on the garage and have bolted the up & over door into the frame. It sucks.

Makes my not so recent garage break-in relatively light. Only a couple of (nice) bikes, lights, and a couple of garden power tools. I’ve doubled down on floor anchors, padlocks and chains, and moved extra valuable items elsewhere. Oh and added digital CCTV.

rickon
    Free Member

You’ve already allocated a bunch of cash for floor anchors & motorcycle-grade padlocks & chains?

Almax 20mm motorcycle chain, squire boron padlock, ground anchor chemically bonded into the concrete, additional kryptonite lock for the forks and wheel.

Wireless CCTV, streaming to the cloud.

All I need is the security system now. A cage may happen in the future.

I’d like to trap them personally.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a Home Security System?’ is closed to new replies.