Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend a GoPro remote and/or selfie stick.
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’ve just bought my wife a GoPro 3. It came with a selfie stick (basic telescopic pole one) but I guess that’s no good for still selfies. She had a cheapy stick she used with her iPhone which had a button on the handle for taking the picture. I’m after one of those.

A stick that floats would be good as we spend a lot of time at the beach.

I got the bundle’ in the img below. Anything else I’m missing / she’s likely to want? It isn’t for a specific sport (more family sick edits videos) so helmet / handlebar mounts may cautiously be suggested in 12 months time!

thehustler
    Free Member

The wirless phone sticks generally work via blue tooth, dont think a gopro can do this. Cant tell if its awifi model or not if it is there should be an app you can use, or you need a stick like this

wifi selfie stick

jimdubleyou

IIRC, all Hero3 models have wifi.

It will have a little button on the left hand side if it does. You can buy the wifi remote separately

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008LCVREM

CraigW
    Free Member

There doesn’t seem to be many cheap remote controls. The official GoPro remote is about £50. There seems to be a few copies for about £30, don’t know if they are any good.

Cheaper just to use your phone as a remote. Or just set the camera to timelapse mode, you will get a series of photos, then you can pick the one you want.

kayak23

I was in Chamonix in the Summer. A young couple were standing in front of the Mont Blanc panorama fiddling about for 20 minutes or so snapping away with a smartphone on a stick of which you speak (I find it hard to even utter THAT word), and completely ignoring their poor baby in front of them.
    Pouty types with solid hair and Raybans… I’d have been more than happy to snap a nice shot of the whole family had they asked

[opinionated mode]They are the downfall of intelligent civilisation. 😉 [/opinionated mode]

There are quite a few cheap kits knocking about on ebay for the Gopro where you get pretty much everything you could need. I’d have a search on there.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks all. £50 for the remote is a little steep. More than half of what I pad for the camera, housing etc. I’ll have a think about it.

The camera does have wifi. I’ll investigate.

Kayak – a little predictable but points for effort. It’s nice to not have to ask strangers to take a picture sometimes. There aren’t always other people at the beach anyway.

I’ve seen those kits. I’ll look. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a GoPro remote and/or selfie stick.’ is closed to new replies.