Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • recommend a good backpack for commuting…
  • sefton
    Free Member

can anyone recommend a good backpack for commuting.

just to fit clothing in.

ideally around 50quid mark.

looked at the omm adventure

haglofs is the best quality wise but too pricey.

aP
    Free Member

OMM – last for years, not to hefty, not too big but you can enough in.

nickname
    Free Member

I have a Deuter cross bike one which is great, but I’m looking to get an Alpkit gourdon – which is a lot cheaper and probably better for commuting purposes, as you can just shove stuff in and not worry about the the rain cover..

Merak

As a commuter, I would advise using panniers or in my case a pannier. No sweaty back, no chaffing or restricting etc.

Pannier ftw.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Ortlieb are fantastic…but not £50. Totally waterproof

monkeyp

Polaris do a 30 litre fully waterproof rolltop one in flouro yellow. Not too comfy for riding when full, but i use it on my scooter and has survived the worst weather and a crash with no damage or leaks.

nidderdalenath

my mate has an osprey, was tempted myself but will wait till my lowe alpine dies. very nice 25litre sack though reflective bits top zips bladder compatable.

will
    Free Member

Been using an Lidl £10 jobbie for the past year, it has been good. Will be using a Alpkit 25L drybag type rucksack, for £22.50 they look brilliant!

PrinceJohn

I currently use a 6 year + altura bag, I would like recommend using one that has a frame inside it

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Osprey Momentum. Got a padded laptop compartment and all the touches you need.

cupra
    Free Member

carradice sqr saddlle bag is what you want, use mine daily, so far way better than either panniers or a back pack, both of which I have used. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/carradice-sqr-slim-bag-including-sqr-bracket/

darkslider
    Free Member

Overboard roll top waterproof backpack, mine’s a 20l, fits everything you need in for the commute. Even floats while keep everything bone dry! (Tested in the bath :D) Got a zip pocket inside which is handy for keys/phone/wallet, loads of handy straps and buckles and stuff. Plus it’s available in bright colours for night riding. £35 – £40 from various online retailers, would choose mine over many more expensive bags TBH!

ackie
    Free Member

+1 Ortlieb
    currently using invo-8 race pack. not that waterproof but ergonomically great.
    But thinking of panniers now as just ordered a dolan prefisio

bails

Alpkit Gourdon

Cheap, waterproof (Seriously, once you roll it up, no water’s getting in) and tough.

PMK2060

I also use a alpkit gourdon and highly recommend them. I use the 20 litre version as I only need to carry my clothes and lunch. Personally I would not use panniers unless I was carrying a lot of weight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘recommend a good backpack for commuting…’ is closed to new replies.