Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Recommend a down/quilted style jacket
  • jimjam
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member

Luckily there are plenty of excellent synthetic choices (most suggested on here for example), which are likely better for uk conditions, so an easy concern to avoid

Let’s just hope there’s no truth to the rumour that primaloft is made from the refined bones of Chinese workers who throw themselves off the roof of the Foxcoon factory when they can’t deal with the pressure of making the latest apple products.

sweepy
    Free Member

I just got a Jack wolfskin Troposhere, it’s warm and waterproof, mixed down and synthetic. Wouldn’t wear it for anything very active tho.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Let’s just hope there’s no truth to the rumour that primaloft is made from the refined bones of Chinese workers who throw themselves off the roof of the Foxcoon factory when they can’t deal with the pressure of making the latest apple products.

😯 😆

andy8442
    Free Member

Alpkit Filoment or Decathlon, don’t waste your money on anything else.

BadlyWiredDog

The latest Filoment is a really good jacket at the price and full stop. It’s warmer than earlier versions as they’ve used a lighter fabric that lets the down loft better and the down itself is water resistant, which means it’s less of a ball-ache if it gets wet.

I’d still go for a synthetic fill for a jacket that’s likely to get a real battering and be regularly soaked – Primaloft is the obvious market leader, but there are plenty of decent alternatives.

spooky_b329

Eventually gone for a Rab Xenon X for £130…I was originally looking for something a bit warmer but this is packable and can be used as a mid layer if I’m standing around. Thanks guys

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a down/quilted style jacket’ is closed to new replies.