Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend a cool place for hols
  • jonk

I managed to convince my SO to go riding in the alps for a week but must return the favour with a beach holiday a few weeks later. Can anyone recommend a nice beach resort with some riding so i might escape?
    thanks!

wallop

San Sebastian

jet26
    Free Member

Cala Gonone – Sardinia. Great smallish town with access to some amazing beaches (best ones are either hike or boat).

Just had ten days there – stunning…

geologist
    Free Member

The ultimate beach riding, short haul break – Finale Liguria

Great beaches, Trails that end at the beach, great food, 5 Euros for a litre of house wine, easy to get to. Italy is great 🙂

wallop

Geologist – can you recommend any good accommodation in Finale?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Does she really need a beach or just sunshine and a body of water ? If so Lake Garda. Nice hotels to be found, great food and wine spectacular water sports, walking, sight seeing and of course biking.

imnotamused
    Free Member

I’ve booked a week on lake como and been trying to find accommodation in finale figure for a week. F L accommodation is pricey though so I’ve been unsuccessful so far, all the reasonably priced accom I can find is full for late August. Starting to look elsewhere on the Riviera but unsure as to where else has good beaches, restaurants etc.

wheelie

Vassiliki

Potdog
    Free Member

Plenty of beaches and biking in Tenerife 😀

geologist
    Free Member

I’ve never stayed at finale, I stayed near genoa, was there with work, I took a drive over to finale for a mooch around, and instantly knew why it was a favourite for mountain bikers in Italy. I certainly intend on going there with wife and toddler and bike later in the year. There’s plenty on the web about the area, and plenty of good hotels at finale.

If f. L is fully booked, try further down the coast in portovenre or lerici. Both beautiful places I stayed in both. Lerici for beaches, not sure about the riding . They are both at the foothills of the Ligurian alps though and I’ve thought they look like the riding could be great. I can recommend hotels if interested.

jonk

I think we are going to head to Tenerife and Italy next year when we have some more cash thanks for all the ideas guys!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a cool place for hols’ is closed to new replies.