Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend a bike shop for a beginner near Haddington, East Lothian
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

As above really. The wife knows someone doing a foreign charity ride soon and she needs kitting out and set up advice but she’s too far away for us to be any real use on this one. Who’s good with advice and got a range or womens kit up there?

MussEd
    Free Member

She’ll need to go into Edinburgh methinks. Usual suspects apply – Co-Op, Velo Ecosse, Bike Chain, Alpine etc.

B and G cycles in Portobello don’t carry a massive range of gear, but they can order stuff in and the staff are unusually helpful for things like bike set-up etc…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Get hold of MarkD of this parish..

I’m sure he will help you out…

GW
    Free Member

I’m an experienced former bike shop mechanic and I’m 5ish miles outside Haddington. if it’s just setting up the bike for her, I’d do it (I’m in Haddington often anyway) – there was a bike shop in Haddington but it was pretty awful, the only decent bike shop left in East lothian is the one in North Berwick (Dunbar has one too but it’s not great)

I can’t stand Edinburgh bike co-op or Alpine but quite like the bike chain. but to be honest, I’d only go into Edinburgh to buy her clothing and maybe accessories but not the actual bike. – far too many internet bargains TBH.

druidh
    Free Member

Edin Bike Co-op will have the best range of womens clothing/shoes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Edin Bike Co-op will have the best range of womens clothing/shoes.

You buy a lot of wimmins clothing Colin???? 😉

Mike-E

There’s a good bike shop in North Berwick, Law Cycles.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll pass on the info.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a bike shop for a beginner near Haddington, East Lothian’ is closed to new replies.