Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend a bike resprayers please?
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hello thinking of having a frame resprayed, any recommendations? Pictures of completed resprays? Once had a frame that had been resprayed by Argos before we bought it and it was chip tastic, not over impressed. What finish is the most durable?
    Based north west if that makes any difference,
    Thanks

pantsonfire
    Free Member

This firm is in Liverpool. I havent used them for a bicycle but they powder coated a motor bike frame for me and did a very nice job might be worth a phone call to see if they can help. Powder coating is a lot tougher than paint but it is thicker than paint which might cause problems with linkages

http://www.motorcyclewebsite.com/home/a0_E/a0_EL/i514_Elite_Engineering_&_Powder_Coatings

tommid
    Free Member

Bob Jackson. That is all that neds to be said.

mccett
    Free Member

I get all my powdercoating done by Wilkinsons in Shavington nr Crewe. Had a set of Fireblade wheels done for £80 in white with sparkle lacquer and ,my old YZ 250 frame and swingarm done in XTR grey for £90.

Most recent was my Handjob in prismatic black (black with about 20 other colours that you see at different angles) for £50. Usually a plain colour with lacquer is £40. Does depend on type of frame as powder coat thicker than paint so you may need some jiggery pokery but they do mask off relevant bits.

Best bit…. I took frame in on Thursday afternoon, it were done by Monday.

hicksville
    Free Member

thanks, it willbe on a full suss frame so with the powder coating with that cause a problem with the pivots?

mccett
    Free Member

What frame? Something single pivoty is easy as it may just need a bit of a rub on the inside of the swingarm where it mounts if some of the powdercoat has built up – had to do that on a Patriot i had done a while back. Had no probs whatsoever with the BB or mounts on my hardtail.

Forgot – a full sus may be another tenner or so cos its effectively 2 or 3 separate parts.

takisawa2

THESE charge £25 for a basic shotblast & re-powder. Will be using them in few weeks but had quick chat on phone & the guy knew what he was on about. Big washers & all-thread bar for b/b & headtube masking. I guess the same for fs pivots etc.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Again, another vote for Bob JAckson in Leeds for paintjobs,

Specailaized Coating in Halifax do a spot on Powdercoating job..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a bike resprayers please?’ is closed to new replies.