• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by juan.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • recommend a bike for a 7 year old
  • raddaz
    Free Member

My almost 7 year old lad has grown out of his islabikes cnoc 16, so i’m looking at a 20″ wheeled mtb for him. Have found a Specialized Hotrock 20 and a Kona Makena, was wondering if anyone can recommend either of these or maybe something else they’ve had experience with.

cheers

stoney
    Free Member

I

r

s little and “dainty” and it

t

s got a really low stand over height. liked it so much i`ve just bought anaother for No. 2 boy whos 6 on tuesday

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Sorry?

stoney
    Free Member

Not sure why it`s typed like that!

Dekerfer
    Free Member

How about the next Islabike up – I am thinking of trading my son’s CNOC16 in for something bigger too.

stoney
    Free Member

I was trying to say i

r

s got the lowest standover height.

stoney
    Free Member

I give up !!!

aleigh
    Free Member

i bought aleigh jr number one who’s nearly 8 a gary fisher precaliber. it’s a bit big for her but she rides it well, and falls of it in style 😀 (takes after her mum!)

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Nope, still gibberish

stoney
    Free Member

Hotrock 20″. i`ve now got 2

iainc

we have had a cuple of Islabikes and are this year going up to the 20 for our 6yr old – I had a look at Spesh and Giant but they are much heavier and I can’t see how they are better in any way

geoffj

Ridgeback MX20 must be worth a look. We have the MX16 for junior no 1. Its nice and light and well put together.

sc-xc

My lad loves his Kona Shred 2-0

but Islabikes do look ace

fliptophead
    Free Member

We looked at the Spesh and the Kona – both got a decent fork on the 08 model, slightly better standover on the Hotrock. We chose them over the Islabike alternative as our daughter was quite bump-sensitive(?!), wanted a suspension fork, and she loves it.

On the minus side I’m not sure that the purple Hotrock will be quite such a viable hand-me-on to younger brother as the blue/white Makena…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The lightest one

juan
    Free Member

cant you build it yourself 😀
    What a great way to spend time 😉
    Can I put my bike in your garage sometimes this evening?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘recommend a bike for a 7 year old’ is closed to new replies.