Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend a 20miler nr York….
  • Pook

GF is off to York on Saturday to see mates and so i get a ride! Need something I can get round quite sharpish as I'm out in the evening – but that has a decent bit of technical stuff to make it fun

Any suggestions?

uplink
    Free Member

Dalby?

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Yep, Dalby has got to be top choice, or else something else on the North York Moors if you don't want to do a trail centre.

IanHaughton
    Free Member

I went to Dalby yesterday and having now ridden black & red I honestly wouldn't rush back.

Black run is ace fun but sadly as expected well laid out short and sweet but red run is just one long boring drag round with many sections looking exactly the same as where you just rode.

Great viewing spot part way round over forest (pity they were logging though) but way too sanitised compared to other man made trails I've ridden.

Pity I was really looking forward to Dalby too 🙁

Countryside – 9 outof 10
    Trail – 4 out of 10
    People we met – 10 out of 10 not one grumpy bugger in sight what a refreshing change!

Oh and before I get abused for sounding like a downhill freak who prefers black gnarly stuff I'm actually just an XC'r who actually only rides red routes / natural stuff 90% of the time

Pook

Yeah i was thinking Dalby but fancying some natural stuff.

Blackflag
    Free Member

surprised dalby wasn't for you fungus, i really rate it. lots and lots of swoopy singletrack (and yes i have done a lot of other trail centres). Still, horses for courses and all that.

There is loads of lovely singletrack across the moors if don't fancy the trail centre approach. Try null for routes

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

A nidderdale loop for rocky stuff that stays rideable if its been raining. Great descents and scenery and has a remote feel, and because its a valley its easy to adjust the length of the ride. Or up to sutton bank if its been dry (avoid at all costs after lots of rain!).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a 20miler nr York….’ is closed to new replies.