Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend 700c disk wheels ( factory built or alternatives)
  • younggeoff

Toying with the idea of changing the wheels on the X for something a bit lighter. 700c with 6 bolt disk hubs, any recommendations or things to avoid?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I have some bonty jobs, they’re fab.

kharim
    Free Member

700c/29er
    For really light work I have the FSA RD-460 Disc Cyclocross wheelset on-one Scandal. Now correct me if I’m wrong but the wheelset is for road type bikes 130mm axle width, whereas my mountain bike is 135mm. The main point is that they work really well and I don’t notice the difference in axle widths. I would recommend this wheelset for most of my easier roots as I’m too scared to do any proper jumps with them in case of a spectacular failure. If anybody else has these and is about 85Kg and is able to abuse these wheels to doing occasional jumps let us know.
    And as for my Halo Freedom disk 29er- has its place (for the heavy duty stuff), however the rotating mass you will add to a bike will be massive and really makes a 29er feel like a 29er.
    Also consider
    American Classic 29er wheelset, Fulcrum Red Metal 29er, NoTubes ZTR Race 29er, Novatec TX 29er, Shimano XT Wheels 29″ MT75, Sun Ringle Charger Expert, Sun Ringle Black Flag Pro, WTB Speed TCS XC Race Fulcrum Red Metal 29 SL, Fulcrum Red Metal 29 XL

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Or, you know, have some Hope ProIII’s laced to open pro’s …

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Or wait a few weeks for Hope Hoops Evo2 hubs on Stans Crest 29er rims.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Or wait a few weeks for Hope Hoops Evo2 hubs on Stans Crest 29er rims.

That’s what I’m doing.

druidh
    Free Member

Pity you want 6-bolt, coz I was gonna recommend XTR hubs with Open Pro rims. I do love Hope Hubs on my MTBs but I reckon it’s a violation to have them on a road bike 😉

tk46hal
    Free Member

I got my Crests with pro 2 delivered by Hope last week! Brilliant!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend 700c disk wheels ( factory built or alternatives)’ is closed to new replies.