Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Recomendations for Internet Radio
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Okay, what you listening to via the Internet?

Merci!

jam-bo

6music

binners

6music.

THREAD CLOSED

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nedrapier

Thread open

6 music.

Thread closed, but on the latch

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Radio Paradise.

binners

scaredypants

6music – now that it’s 5 minutes to R&M 😀

growinglad
    Free Member

hmmmm, Think it might take a while for me to warm to this 6music business….I’ll give it a go.

Any others?

Pierre

FIP, eclectic Parisian radio station. Classical, hip-hop, jazz, tends to be quite laid-back but always varied. No ads, either, just a gorgeous woman’s voice giving news updates for a few minutes just before the hour.

http://www.fipradio.fr/player

scuttler

Radio Paradise but may have to give the French one a go for reasons described (it’s nearly end end of the hour). RP is ace.

drlex
    Free Member

Right now? R5L Sports Extra.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Fluid Radio
    Sub FM
    Triple J

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Soma FM. Choice of 20 channels, some more listenable than others. Poptron and Underground 80s are my favourites.

hammerite
    Free Member

My mate DJs on MKFM on a Friday night and is pretty good if you are in to soulful house type music (he had to explain what this was to me, but I quite liked it when I listened).

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Planet Rock

Hohum
    Free Member

Another Soma FM listener here.

ericemel
    Free Member

Linn Jazz and 1Xtra!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Mostly Balanced – Member

Soma FM. Choice of 20 channels, some more listenable than others. Poptron and Underground 80s are my favourites.

Groove Salad.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just seen a recommendation for Dandelion Radio, apparently they’ve taken on the mantle for Peels festive 50 and are broadcasting their 2012 list this month. I’d expect the output to be a similar eclectic mix to the John Peel Show. Not even listened to it yet but thought it’d be worth a mention on here.

sadexpunk

6 music

kevj
    Free Member

Real Radio XS. But Manchester region.

unklehomered
    Free Member

The Arrow! All Rock All the Time. (for when the 6 music playlist just gets annoying)

ricardo666
    Free Member

total rock

avdave2

FIP is great, we used to be able to pick it up on fm in Brighton as someone was rebroadcasting a feed illegally. It was good at work but I couldn’t pick it up at home. Best thing about it is that you have no idea what might be coming up next.

slackalice
    Free Member

frisky! 😀

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

totally radio – choices for all from reggae to hip hop + more

+ another vote for groove salad on soma fm

CountZero

Can’t really see the need for Internet radio, I only listen to 6Music, and I have DAB radios for that, as I only have 1Gb/month data allowance, listening on my phone would use that in a week.

patriotpro
    Free Member

‘Annie Mac’ never disappoints.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

RFM night fever 🙂

Disco funk is ace!

growinglad
    Free Member

Hmmmm, I didn’t think I’d like this 6music, but listened to it a bit over the weekend and I’m now listening to it at my desk.

really not my cup of tea music wise….but I like it…..weird!!

chr15
    Free Member

As Radio 6 Music’s daytime playlist isn’t all that varied and it obviously cost less to have th DJ’s talk than it does to play records I’ve been investigating some of the suggestions too, so thanks…

FIP I’ve enjoyed a bit, but they went off on a bit of a noodley-loungey jazz bender after a while and I had to move on…!

Paradise confused me by being a horrid crushed 16kbps stream from the Seychelles until I searched again for ‘Radio Paradise’ and found what you’re on about – The playlist looks very good.

The bonus is that having searched for some of these stations The TuneIn radio app.’s recommended channels have got a lot better. So far I’ve tried:

Fly Foot Selecta (Paris) – Incredible mix, lots of Hip-hop (Not just commercial US pap either – Just had Lewis Parker on) reggae, dub, ragga… But then Asian Dub Foundation, Wilson Picket and Long Beach Dub Allstars have been on in the last 30 minutes. There’s virtually no talking and next to no French music (that’ Ive heard so far)

http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Fly-Foot-Selecta-s123490/

Emergency FM – Drum n Bass fix. Not heard any over-loud MC-ing obliterating the tunes. Excellent rolling remix of that Lana Del Ray on just now. Likey.

http://emergencyfm.com/

I’ve also noticed that all the non-BBC stations seem to be able to tell you the current track name/artist, which is nice – surprises me that the BBC CBA.

sadexpunk

I’ve also noticed that all the non-BBC stations seem to be able to tell you the current track name/artist, which is nice – surprises me that the BBC CBA.

my dab lists the 6 music artist/track as its playing……

chr15
    Free Member

Internetz radios do innit blud.

As an update Fly Foot Selecta is currently playing Ghostbusters. You may make your own assessment as to whether this is a good thing.

Muke
    Free Member

Jack FM 😀

will
    Free Member

Absolute Radio

swiss01
    Free Member

another +1 for FIP

i’ve also a growing liking for sveriges radio

grum
    Free Member

Cool thread – liking some of these – FIP looks a good tip. 6 Music is alright but it’s not that great really is it? Daytime selection has too much twee indie for my liking.

I’ll add in Bluemars and Cryosleep for Ambient stuff.

jekkyl

+1 for soma fm, ‘dubstep beyond’ for me

andermt
    Free Member

If you like Motorsport and Sportscar racing in particular then Radio Le Mans is good at 8pm on a Wednesday night for a ‘news’ program as well as commentary from the races at the weekends.

johnnystorm

KZHK 95.9 The Hawk, Southern Utah’s Classic Rock Radio!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Recomendations for Internet Radio’ is closed to new replies.