Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recomend me some 150mm forks sub £200
  • konaman
    Free Member

So I've bought a Spesh Enduro frame so want some 150mm forks to match. Please recomend me anything under £200 please. Thanks!

stew1982
    Free Member

Specialized E150's?

warpcow
    Free Member

I think he said £200, not £1200 😉

2nd hand, something Marz. flavoured would probably be best.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

E150s are dirt cheap used. For a reason though… You won't get a Lyrik or 150mm Revelation for this price I reckon, and if you find a Fox it'll be as scabby as hell. So Marzocchi probably.

ton

set of these.
    ridden for 5 hours.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49117

cost me £315
    if you want them i will do them for £200……cos i am skint.

psychle
    Free Member

E150s are dirt cheap used. For a reason though…

And what reason would that be? Bloody good fork, nothing else like it in the marketplace! Yes, there were teething issues, but Specialized sorted these pretty quickly; one of mine had a fault, was repaired and upgraded to 2009 internals within 3 days 🙂

stew1982
    Free Member

Thanks psychie – they are a great Fork and Spec will stand behind them! Plus they were designed for the Enduro!

konaman
    Free Member

thanks for the offer ton but no thanks. E150's seem nice. Ive no idea how dual crown forks work like. Im guessing the top crown is adjustable to suit slightly different frames. Im getting a 2006 Enduro Pro frame, I'm presuming an E150 would fit?

Northwind

"Yes, there were teething issues,"

And that's why, once something's let a lot of folks down some people will never forgive it, so it hammers used prices even once it's fixed.

stew1982
    Free Member

Yep should fit fine – think of dual crown as a single crown with a top and extra long stantions!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

do you need a specific length headtube to fit between the top and bottom crowns?

konaman
    Free Member

probably do, not sure what it is yet though. ive just been recomended that 150mm forks felt the best all rounder for the frame.

konaman
    Free Member

he was using 150 talas 36's if it helps

psychle
    Free Member

I have a set of E150's I might sell… would be looking for a bit more than £200 though, more like £250 plus post (this would include a front wheel to suit)… you couldn't really get a better fork for an Enduro, in my opinion… it's was designed for the bike after all 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I'd rather have a nice reliable set of z1fr than e150s. A few friends have them and they are regularly broken. Sure spesh fix them, but so much hassle and missed rides.

Designed for the bike hahahahahahaha.

Try getting a suitable hub for an e150. Not as easy as a 20mm bolt thru.

stew1982
    Free Member

Na, it's all about the E150 – great fork. It will fit any length head tube, and allows about 20mm of geometry adjustment too. It needs a little TLC, but no more than a Fox Fork.

You will need to get one with a wheel though – theres not many 25mm hubs around.

Psychie – are you selling the coil shock you had on your Enduro?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

If you can persuade the OP he wants one, i'm sure a friend would be delighted to sell his e150!

psychle
    Free Member

A few friends have them and they are regularly broken

I'm going to call BS on that… maybe 2 years ago, but certainly not now? if the forks have been back to Spesh even once for warranty, then they'll have been updated to the latest internals, and these have been pretty much flawless (in my experience, and also from what I've read on MTBR)…

Stew, yep, the 5th Element will be for sale… let me know if you're interested 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

As others have said Marzocchi is your best bet.

Otherwise, if you can find them a set of Manitou Shermans would be a good fork for that vintage Enduro, Pikes also fit but aren't quite tall enough to slacken the geometry nicely.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me some 150mm forks sub £200’ is closed to new replies.