Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recomend me singlespeed spacer and sprocket please
  • robbie
    Free Member

Guys as above looking for a recomendation of a kit or seperate spacers and sprocket for fitting an alloy freehub. Ideally wide based 18th sprocket. Also which chain to run with it?
    Cheers

bigblackshed

Surly wide based sprocket and spacer kit from Charlie the Bike Monger.

Velo Solo also do spacer kits in spangly blingy colours if you’re a tart.

wiiija
    Free Member

Velo Solo for spacer kits, they are brilliant quality. Surly cogs are great or king, niner if you want more bling, I currently use an absolute black cog but it’s narrow/wide so no half link can be used if you need one.

amedias
    Free Member

+1 Surly, last ages and very tough, have outlasted my King ones by some margin.

any old spacer kit will work, Velo Solo ones are nice as split into different sizes so lots of Chainline adjust options.

TiRed

Surly for cogs, I use Onza spacers. I doubt that there is anything in it for spacers. Some people use cut down plastic poly pipe.

I fitted TWO cogs to my freehub so I can select an appropriate gear for the course (I was racing cyclocross on it so a 16T and a 15T for flatter courses – also have a 17T for proper mtb). If you are using a chain tensioner then this will be a trivial gear change. If not, like me, then you have to move the wheel forwards or backwards. It’s not a big deal. Surly cogs have the correct spacing to be placed next to each other and chainline on either cog is good.

I like it anyway 😉

benji
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Halo spacer kits with Chris King sprocket, most spacers need a 12t lock ring to hold them securely.

ben98
    Free Member

Superstar! Light, cheap, robust, nothing more needed! SRAM chain, not sure it matters which one tbh.

robbie
    Free Member

Cheers Guys
    Superstar spacer kit and surly cog ordered 😀

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Cheap kmc chain because everything else is made of cheese.

wiiija
    Free Member

Honestly I would have avoided the superstar spacers, mine were a disaster, really badly finished, two of them were unusable until I filed off the massive burrs on them! Maybe I just got a duff set though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me singlespeed spacer and sprocket please’ is closed to new replies.