• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • recomend me (of all things) a decent black shirt.
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

well heres a thing, after leaving my last office job 14 years ago my wardrobe is now t shirts, shorts, jeans and vans.

i’ve got to go to a family event in sept and as i don’t have any decent clothes thought i’d buy a black shirt and new black levi 501.

before i buy a paul smith shirt, can anyone recommend anything thats smart casual and nicely tailored?

Cougar

Charles Tyrwhitt are my go-to for shirts as they’re the only company I have found that make shirts that actually fit me.

That said, they do use Yodel for delivery which means I won’t be going back to them.

IHN

Are you going to get a guitar too?

fasthaggis
    aP
    Free Member

For black shirts I usually go to agnes B, as they have a slim tailored cut or a wider more relaxed cut – and being French, always have at least one black shirt in the range at all times.
    Others include COS (they’re a bit cheaper than agnes B but last about 1/10th of them), Uniqlo is pretty good quality and variety of cut, or just put the boat out and buy Issey Miyake – then you can have texture as well as black.

doris5000

a family do at Berghain? nice

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I have a guitar and I know 3 chords so busking is always an option yes.

scaredypants

Black shirt ?

Holiday in Virginia, by any chance ?

funkmasterp

Tesco, considering it sounds like you’re going to wear it once.

BigJohn

M&S do plain, well made, T-shirts and polo shirts. No logo and nice cotton. Supporting deserving families in Bangladesh (no irony).

I get pants, socks and T-shirts from M&S. At age 64 I’m not old enough to get anything else from there.

Or do you mean Mussolini? (yes, irony).

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not all black. Awful look. Got some combat boots as well? Preferably not polished.

CountZero

Not all black. Awful look. Got some combat boots as well? Preferably not polished.

He didn’t actually say what the family event was, black may be the preferred option…

sbob
    Free Member

ninfan to the forum! 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘recomend me (of all things) a decent black shirt.’ is closed to new replies.