Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recomend me budget front tyre
  • dannybee
    Free Member

Any cheap front tyres around at the moment, Im after something for xc use nothing too gnarly and to run with sealant.

Cheaper the better 😀 Been running with standard Decathlon tyres that came on my 8.1 so anything will be an improvement i imagine.

thepurist

On One’s flogging the Smorgasbord cheap at the moment – around 12-15 quid IIRC.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I have a smorgasbord that you can have for the price of postage that has been used for 200 miles or so, email in profile

Onzadog
    Free Member

Didn’t like them Rob?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

it was ok but i have a chunky monkey to go on

qtip

I just got some cheap Intense (ITS) tyres from CRC – impressed with them so far.

dannybee
    Free Member

E-mailed you Rob 😀

gazc
    Free Member

chunky monkey seems good vfm if it fits your fork

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Happy with chunky monkey on front of mine – goes where I point, which seems fair enough to me.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Continental Baron. You can pick them up for £15, even sold in Halfrauds.

Nowhere near as good as the somewhat more pricey Black Chilli version, but still pretty good for a £15 tyre!

nealy
    Free Member

chunky monkey seems good vfm if it fits your fork

I’ve got the dual compound trail extreme on the front tubeless and it’s brilliant but only just fits in my Reba fork. It’s only a few grams heavier than the Smorgasbord I’ve got on the back

TuckerUK
    Free Member

One On do Schwalbe Albert Wired 2.25 (725g) and 2.35 (795g) at £9.99.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Chunky Monkey fits comfortably in a Fox 32 – my trail extreme dual compound 2.4 weighed in at 700g – less than I expected.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me budget front tyre’ is closed to new replies.