Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recomend me a RED laptop for my daughters present, please!
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OK, so my daughter wants a new laptop for xmas, it needs to be able to replace a PC, so fully functional & the killer is it has to be red, bubblegum pink, or at a push white.
    I wanted 3-4gb of ram, windows7 or XP, & a decent processor so she can play hungry games like the Sims.
    Max budget is £450, nice if it was nearer £400, I've seen this, it looks good, but can I get better for the money?

Cheers in advance.

allyharp

Focussing on the red, dell might be a good bet? Many of their range is available in a variety of colours.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

On dell you can only get the inspiron 15 with pretty much the same spec, and to be honest I'd rather not have a dell, cheers anyway!

Kahurangi

Walk round the local PC retailers when looking for my sister to get a laptop for uni (got nicked of course, she didn't back up of course) – they worked out cheaper than dell and lots of colours and options available. Some brands/models had interchangeable snap-off plastic covers.

Seriously though, tell her to get a paper round? How old is she? Kids want how much for Christmas?

Smudger666

we had the same problem – but the pink is really a gimmick and the dells arent the best value.

Have you looked for 'skins' – stick on covers for the laptop lid.?

Wife got a skin for her laptop for 20 squid or so – and the laptop she got was the same spec as the pink dells, but £90 cheaper or so.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm still none the wiser as to which one to get though?
    Cheers.

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

There's a flyer in today's papers about Acer laptops. Seem well specced, and come in a range of colours. All within your price limit. (Wish someone would spend £400 on me at Xmas)

joolsburger
    Free Member

Dell, whatever one is within budget in pink probably an inspiron.

allyharp

to be honest I'd rather not have a dell, cheers anyway!

Any reason why you'd avoid Dell?

I do agree that there usually is something with similar spec available cheaper in PC World etc if you aren't brand picky though.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So I can walk in to the store & demand action, big stores don't generally like shouty people standing at the front of the store, user error aside, I want payback 😉

TheSanityAssassin

I've just ordered one of these for my daughter. Apparently they're very popular with teenage gurls.

A laptop computer

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

The Sanity Assassin – Member
    I've just ordered one of these for my daughter. Apparently they're very popular with teenage gurls.

A laptop computer

Thats the same one I linked to in my first post 😉

tyke
    Free Member

Slightly more than you want to spend but only just:
    Toshiba T130

It is red, great battery life. Only drawbackbacks might be screen size – 13.3in and lack of an optical drive.

jedi

my daughter has a pink dell laptop

TheSanityAssassin

2unfit2ride – Member

A laptop computer

Thats the same one I linked to in my first post 😉

You expect people to read your posts with any degree of real interest?

Noob fail.

😉

Anyway, it ticks all your boxes – so get your card out and do the deed. Couldn't find one in any of the retailers in t'Uddersfeeled today as they're selling out quick. 3-4 working days for delivery when buying online from PC World.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

You expect people to read your posts with any degree of real interest?

Noob fail.

Noob!, noob? I tell thee I have been around these parts for a fair while young whipper snapper 😉

allyharp

Only drawbackbacks might be screen size – 13.3in and lack of an optical drive.

I'd actually view 13.3" screen size as a positive. The laptop will be far more portable as a result and might actually get used outside the home!
    I've got a 13.3" Toshiba for which I paid a £250 premium over bigger laptops that would do the same job (2 years ago, before netbooks came on the scene) and it was definitely money very well spent.

Lack of optical drive is definitely a drawback though.

headfirst
    Free Member

ok, its not red, but I've bought this for my spoilt little princess darling daughter, when it was £329 last week. It will be used for going on facebook, playing farmville, chatting on msn, playing sims3, oh, and doing the odd bit of homework, hence the need for the 160gig hard drive 🙄 should be up to the job I hope

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1706849980.1260196017@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccladejddjlhedcflgceggdhhmdfnn.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=171250&category_oid=

grumm
    Free Member

God kids are spoilt these days – I'm only 29 and already I seem to me a right moaning old bastard.

I'd actually view 13.3" screen size as a positive.

I agree – my Macbook is the perfect size imo

uplink
    Free Member
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for the input people, I bought the one in my OP. I did want a smaller laptop, but an optical drive is a must for her so she can watch DVD's.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a RED laptop for my daughters present, please!’ is closed to new replies.