Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recomend me a pub in BN3
  • TimP
    Free Member

I have just moved here and need to find a nice local, so anyone have any thoughts?

sadexpunk

my bro frequents those parts but says its quite a large area. can you be more specific?

TimP
    Free Member

Aldrington, near the station, but willing to look less local if it is a nice boozer

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Jump on a bus/train, go to the Stanley in Wolsley Rd/Stanley Rd in Portslade…great ale, friendly staff/owners, and nice regulars-they like their football, mind!
    They do cellar tours once a month !

http://www.thestanley.com/

adstick
    Free Member

You want to get yourself over to BN2, it has all the best pubs…

Hove is a bit lacking, I'd agree that the Stanley is probably the best in your area

adstick
    Free Member

Mind you the evening star by Brighton station is a great pub if you like ale, it's not a quiet local though.

TimP
    Free Member

So not very much in Hove then? Doesn't have to be a real ale pub, but my local is the Kendal Arms, which is big, cold, has no people or atmosphere and is expensive considering. I work on North Road so somewhere between Aldrington and Brighton central would do too

sadexpunk

apparently the Ancient Mariner is the place youre looking for matey.

you can see it near the station apparently

good food and nice atmosphere. bro says he often goes in there himself, so youre perfectly welcome to join him for a pint if you like 🙂

wwaswas

agree with ancient mariner

the one opposite syds bikes on portland road is ok too

pearlbaz
    Free Member

The Portland?

(teehee)

TimP
    Free Member

The Portland "rock bar"!?

Talking of Syds bikes, I keep going past when it is closed but looks like a decent bike shop (plenty to ogle in the window).

Any reviews?

5lab

i once went in the 'jamaica inn' down that way. A fight had broken out in the time it took us to walk from the door to the bar (not a long walk). We came back to brighton

adstick
    Free Member

Sorry, I was just recommending an excellent pub in the town, seeing as you mentioned you lived near a railway station…

woodsman
    Free Member

Just have an explore, there are plenty of pubs in BN3, The Station, The Forager, The Exchange is crap btw – beyond kitch! The Ancient Mariner as mentioned. There seems to be a pub on every corner at Poet's Corner – no pun intended. Get out there.. 😉

rusky
    Free Member

If you walk from Aldrington to Portslade, there's about 5 pubs along the road!

If you fancy a ride up to Devils Dyke one evening for a pint, let me know 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a pub in BN3’ is closed to new replies.