Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • recomend me a great whisky please !
  • iwluap

Buy this and work your way through it! it’s a great wee book and has single malts, blends, Scottish whisky, Indian whisky, Japanese whisky, Bourbons, all sorts! http://www.amazon.co.uk/101-Whiskies-Try-Before-You/dp/0755360834

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I’m utterly biased as I was raised about a kilometre from it, but the Ben Romach Port finish is lovely.
    Also, have a look at the Gordon and Macphail website, they’re a family owned company who’ve made their (excellent reputation) on doing interesting finishes. Some of their Speymalt Macallans are amazing.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Kavalan from Taiwan. Seriously. Delicious, and I know my malts 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scottyjohn
    Free Member

I am a Talisker drinker, but when out with a friend at the Scottish Whiskey Society recently, I tried one called “engineer’s lunchbox” which absolutely blew me away. Smelled like sitting next to a peat fire which was blowing back slightly, so smoky, and wonderful taste. I raved about it for days, but unfortunately, £60 on a bottle of whisky is too rich for me these days 🙁

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Great whisky pretty much depends on what your taste – mate of mine raves about Big peat, wasn’t impressed.
    Right now I have open bottles of Auchentoshan matured in bourbon casks and unpeated and Fettercairn Fior a blend of bourbon and sherry casks, one of the malts being heavily peated.
    Totally different, both winners IMHO
    oh and I’d recommend this

and one of these

Cougar

+1 on the Glencairn glass. Every home should have one. Or two. I think I’ve got about a dozen now. (-:

mccann.ben
    Free Member

I reccomend trying a Glenrothes.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a great whisky please !’ is closed to new replies.