Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recomend me a first motorbike…
  • rp16v
    Free Member

soon to be in the market for my first big bike as taking my restricted test over the next 2 months currentley on a peugot spedfight 100cc and its not coping well with the 30mile round trip every day being a little 2 stroke
    hight wise im about 5’9 sat on a bandit 650 today and it felt masive and i was really over streched
    style wise il be looking allong the naked/streetfighter shapes.
    any help would be great.
    oh budget is probably around 2k

br
    Free Member

At £2k make sure whatever you buy has new(ish) consumables – CB500?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Standard quality answer.

SV650.

Lowish seat height so not intimidating, light so easy to manoever in traffic, easy to ride its quite chuckable, and the brakes and suspenstion which are a bit budget can be uprated easilly enough if you get fond of it, cheap at over 10 years old the early curvy ones are both better looking, easier on maintanace with carbs not fuel injection, and a better frame than the later ones. Later ones do look ok fully faired though. Reasonably quick. Jobs a goodun.

5thElefant
    Free Member

5’9 is plenty tall enough for a bandit. Pretty much any bike of that capacity will feel similar. You’d get used to it.

Having said that… the SV650 has always had a following for the vertically challenged.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Can you get lower seats for the Bandit?

I am 5’8 i had a R6 for my first bike not sure if it is lower than a bandit.

CB500 great commuter bike.

boblo
    Free Member

Suzuki Hyabusa. Kill or cure 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cb500 is the perfect bike for what you want. sv close behind

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Honda 50. Well that was mine when I was 13. Then I moved on to a James Captain, after that I went into orbit on a Tiger Cub at 15, chopped the silencer off & put a straight through chrome pipe on & it sounded EXACTLY like a Jawa 500 speedway bike. Awesome.

rp16v
    Free Member

the seat hight on the bandit was fine it was the reach that was to much going full lock the outer had was really stretched so wondering if filtering would be more of a chore than need be

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a first motorbike…’ is closed to new replies.