Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Recomend me a completely impractical but very cool car
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m bored, i’m not buying a house any time soon, and single with no kids, so recomend me something very stupid.

Ferrari Mondial Quattrovalvoe

Ford Capri 2.0 S

Vauxhall Viva

Citoren 2CV

jam-bo

G60 corrado.

MTT
    Free Member

s1 elise. Die going backwards into a tree.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

G60, Fell out the ugly tree and beeten with arolled up copy of MAX power on the way down. I like 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Aerial Atom

tomzo
    Free Member

Original mini, and make it goooood.

Rich_s

or

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

An S1 elise earlier, Dieing going backwards into a tree in a ball of flames is definatly cool!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tickford Capri

6R4 Metro

Camper van

MTT
    Free Member

I can take or leave the flames TBH.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

From ebay…

’71 Dodge ram.

Or a more current SRT 10

only mildly impractical due to huge size and fuel consumption.

Or how about a Hilux

I know you said car…but you did say cool and impractical.

Or what about a Charger?

Also from ebay.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

unfortunately that campervan is way to pracical, you could fit a bike in it for example.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Been a 2cv owner for over 20 years so I can recommend them. Buy one with a galvanised chassis though.

alwyn
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ok to stop it getting silly, mut be less than the street value of 1 kidney, so about £14k

hora
    Free Member

I’d buy something that is easish to sell on and holds its value- oldschool mini 1275, Caterham, actually- the Cateham or the Elise would be my choice.

Sensible would be a MX5 though 😀

ski
    Free Member

If I had no kids/mortgage/wife and wanted a fun car:

But as I have all three, I will just have to dream about owning one 😉

aP
    Free Member

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

For me it would be a Porsche 944 derivative – most likely a 968

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My dad wants an MX5, nuff said

A mini could be cool, but would need something silly like a R1 engine

hora
    Free Member

ski with that suede finish oh, it would stain badly if you decided to knock one out over the interior 🙄 😯

Plus the 1.8T Toyota engine is mint in that chassis.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ap while you can stil edit your post i’ll give you the benifit of the doubt and ask you to remove the vomit iduceingly ugly abohration that is your fist suggestion!

hora
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon, I passed my test in a new mini cooper, my first car was a mini cooper (borrowed from driving instructor) and I learnt to drive in a MX5 two years later- it teaches you handling, poise, balance all within your limits- well if you don’t count a few silly moments. Its connected, feel, lots of feel and feedback to you- this is the mk2.5 I’m talking about not the mk3 (although I hear the mk3.5 is more connected)

vdubber67
    Free Member

Bay Window Camper van – I have one for sale if you’re interested 😉

IdleJon

<Note to self – must ignore everything thisisnotsspoon ever posts as he thinks a Vauxhall Viva is cool.>

Now then ‘spoon, I’ve got a lovely Austin Allegro for sale for a grand. Note the state of the art square steering wheel, and the fact that it is shaped like an Alfa Brera. (Squint…in a dark room)

hora
    Free Member

Impreza WRX or STI:

aP
    Free Member

tisnas – sorry, just went on the impractical, forgot the cool.
    The Vantage is in your price range though 😯

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i passed my test in soe kind of rubbish seat POS

then borrowed my dad’s midget for the summer a few years back, at no point did i ever take off over a hump backed bridge or go round corners sideways, honest 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

indeed it is, but the first pic of it is with a tow rope atached! not a good start 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

aP; those Cayenne things are nasty. Proper cheap, inside, actually.

Comfy, mind. But I don’t get the point.

ski
    Free Member

Lol, I used to have a 1275 Austin Healey Sprite and never used to cane that through a tunnel with the roof off, just to hear it sing 😉

It did catch fire on me, and imaced my legs, long gone, but never forgotten 😉

waihiboy
    Free Member

i will buy one of these one day if there are any tidy ones around…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i keep looking at that ferrari, but i know at the first sign of a country lane my licence would get torn into so many little pices the comunity suppourt officer would need a microscope to charge the magistrate with littering!

IdleJon

waihiboy, Integrales are really lovely. Just being picky, although I’m not expert that looks like a modded up ‘replica’ Integrale, not a proper one. No Elephant badges, wrong wheels, and the grille and front end generally don’t look right. In fact the more I look at it, the wronger it looks.

My mate wrote his off in the usual fashion – ‘the brakes don’t work when the wheels aren’t on the ground!’

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

waihiboy, dont follow the pic ………………

colnagokid

Me too for the Integrale, maybe a bit too practical tho’?

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.tomcatmotorsport.co.uk/carsforsale.htm
    Wildcat 200 Dakar Edition 2003

Tomcat 106” 2.9 24v Cosworth
    class championship winner 2006
    only £12k

88″ Bowler type racer/trialler – only £9k

BadlyWiredDog

Hore: Impreza WRX or STI:

Hahhahahahhahaha… you think those poxy, modified family cars are ‘cool’, ffs. They are about as cool as Peter Stringfellow. They’re also practical because they are basically family cars with a turboed engine and 4wd system.

Anyway, they may go fast, but don’t delude yourself that Scoobies are cool…

aP
    Free Member

RB – those Cayennes are about £12K now, all the good cars I can think of are too expensive FF Jensen Interceptor, Bristol, Alvis…

Trekster

ferrari and back roads/lanes = no sump and £?k bill for engine rebuild. Lnow someone who did this with a newish one!!!!

Nothing wrong with the old Viva but the Firenza with “Lotus” engine and Gertrag 5speed box was fun

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a completely impractical but very cool car’ is closed to new replies.