Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • recomend me a cheap mega avalanche bike?
  • crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

last years mega avalanche bike got stolen and im now reallt doubt that it will ever get recovered so i need a new one (but just incase, keep an eye out for an orange cove g-spot with bright green bars).
    but id like a second hand bike for it,can u recomend so i can keep my eyes open…whats cheap and good…

Coyote
    Free Member

What's your budget?

A Kona Coiler could probably be got for a good price. Possibly get a 'new' old stock, race it and thehn strip and sell. Probably won't be too much out of pocket.

ahwiles
    Free Member

speccy pitch – is that cheap enough? – good bike for the job too.

if you want really cheap, how about a carerra banshee? £600 new, get a £50 respray and say it's a prototype horst-link cove / kona coiler…

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

dont want a speacilized. would like it to be as cheap as possible…around 750 ish

kimbers

coiler would do the job well imho and they can be had cheap on fleabay

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah for that budgetyou should get a decent Coiler. Although if you can get your hands in a Spesh Pitch or a 3-4 year old Enduro/SX Trail that would be a better bet 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Actually, since Kona started f***ing about with the CoilAir and the 'Magic Link' traditional Coilers don't seem to be as easy to get hold of as they once were.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

according to american tv, i should eat more yogurt – Member
    dont want a speacilized.

Why not? The Pitch is pretty much perfect for what you are after!

HansRey

marin quakes are pretty cheap 2nd hand

benji_allen
    Free Member

Patriot?

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

been looking at patriots…marins sounds like a good choice to go tho…suspension on them is ment to be really good

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i just dont want a speacilized…its not cos i think they r bad bikes…i just dont want one…in the same way you dont want a skoda.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

in the same way you dont want a skoda.

Ever driven a modern Skoda? There's a reason so many people rave about them. DO a search for the Octavia on here and see what I mean!

Get over yer brand snobbery and buy whatever is best for you, which may or may not be a Spesh.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i was using a skoda as an example…they r good cars…but u might not want one cos of the brand name etc…id be happy with a norco…just not a speacilised

jonzo
    Free Member

I've got an 07 Marin Quake with Deetraks for sale.
    £600 no offers.
    I can email you pics if you require.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i dont have any money atm…was gonna start saving up and keeping my eye open…

jonzo
    Free Member

Sent you an email anyway.

tomhughes46

i just dont want a speacilized…its not cos i think they r bad bikes…i just dont want one…in the same way you dont want a skoda.

I own a Skoda and a Specialized. Both were very deliberate purchases. What does this say about me?

In reply to the OP: How big are you? Winstanleys have some cheap small Norco Sixes, Rutland some old IH Six Points (variety of sizes, please buy the 15" before I do and my bank account cries). (My other bikes are a Norco and an IH…). Also, the Carerra Banshee XXX has an ok spec, although I have no idea whether the frame will fall apart.

gator
    Free Member

Could have a Kona Coiler frame and Junior T's for sale soon ?

Will be fairly reasonable – price wise

Will come with headset / seatpost and clamp

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

tomhugues…it says your good with money…sort of… thanks ill look at their sites…i like the idea of getting a marin…

SBrock
    Free Member

BRAND EQUITY…………

much in the same way I only want an (and own) Audi & Santa Cruz….. it's what you perceive as the best for you own reasons!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don't get a norco 6, they just don't like pedaling.

As for coilers, dirt reviewed one ( middling one with 66's and an OEM fox dhx), did the 1:04 (or some other short DH track) in the same time as a 'DH' bike and the commencal 6, and managed to climb back to the top 1 second slower than the hardtail! Weight was arround 32lb IIRC

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Reign or reign x

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

reign and reign x are already on the top of my list…

audis and santa cruz's go together…especially custom built nomads and s6's or rs6's…

i rekon on-ones go with old land rovers too…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a cheap mega avalanche bike?’ is closed to new replies.